Hot Deals

[Real Canadian Superstore] Milk Chocolate Covered Almonds 700g $2.94

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 30th, 2020 9:48 am
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 4, 2016
934 posts
642 upvotes

[Real Canadian Superstore] Milk Chocolate Covered Almonds 700g $2.94

I see these on sale in the Richmond BC superstore. Pretty good price. Plenty of stocks left when I got them yesterday, aisles and near cashier. Expire (best before) May 24th or 14th. Some are January 29th (in 4 days, be careful not to get those ones.)
Images
  • P_20200124_162921_vHDR_Auto.jpg
  • P_20200124_162855_vHDR_Auto.jpg
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360
32 replies
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 4, 2016
934 posts
642 upvotes
One and only bump. Pretty sure this is a good deal. I had been checking prices for this regularly. =)
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2007
4590 posts
1277 upvotes
CCHIPSS wrote: I see these on sale in the Richmond BC superstore. Pretty good price. Plenty of stocks left when I got them yesterday, aisles and near cashier. Expire (best before) May 24th or 14th. Some are January 29th (in 4 days, be careful not to get those ones.)
I was at the Richmond store 45 min ago. It's regular price now. I even double checked.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2274 posts
1414 upvotes
Prince George
These have shown up on the Flashfood app a couple of times at my local RCSS for $5. So $3 seems pretty hot. Nothing wrong with short dated in this case IMHO. They are not particularly perishable.
Member
Oct 16, 2010
268 posts
639 upvotes
I buy a lot of PC Milk Chocolate covered almonds, so I'll offer my method that is available every month at Shopper's, likely across the country.

1. Get a personalized offer after buying PC chocolate product: 600 pts per $3 of PC chocolate
2. Wait for the 340g bag to go on sale for 3.99 using the "save for next week" function on the offer.
3. On the week that it's 3.99 [you can see in the flyer, typically any of those PC chocolate bags means almonds are on sale too] go on a 20x pts day for 30% (Saturday OR personalized offer).

Net cost is $3.99 x 1.13 = 4.51 - 0.60 - 1.20 = $2.71 / 1.13 = $2.40 per 340g bag before tax, or 71 cents per 100g of milk chocolate covered almonds. If you buy 3 bags for $12 the personalized offer is then 4 x $0.60, bringing your cost down to 66 cents per 100g. Much cheaper than Walmart and Bulk Barn and are also the highest quality of the three.

Advantages:
1. Occurs every month.
2. Bags are smaller so you don't have to keep a big bag open longer.... or worse you eat more.
3. Dates are fresh. I just bought some today that last until June 2021.
4. Works on any bagged PC chocolate product.
5. Widespread availability (compared to this OP which is only in a few stores).

These are my favourite sweet to induldge in and I'm happy to share with other chocolate fiends.
Last edited by Proxism on Jan 28th, 2020 12:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
1702 posts
570 upvotes
BC
Proxism wrote: I buy a lot of PC Milk Chocolate covered almonds, so I'll offer my method that is available every month at Shopper's, likely across the country.

1. Get a personalized offer after buying PC chocolate product: 600 pts per $3 of PC chocolate
2. Wait for the 340g bag to go on sale for 3.99 using the "save for next week" function on the offer.
3. On the week that it's 3.99 [you can see in the flyer, typically any of those PC chocolate bags means almonds are on sale too] go on a 20x pts day for 30% (Saturday OR personalized offer).

Total cost is $3.99 x 1.13 = 4.51 - 0.60 - 1.20 = $2.71 / 1.13 = $2.40 per 340g bag before tax, or 71 cents per 100g of milk chocolate covered almonds. Much cheaper than Walmart and Bulk Barn and are also the highest quality of the three.

Advantages:
1. occurs every month.
2. Bags are smaller so you don't have to keep a big bag open longer.... or worse you eat more.
3. Dates are fresh. I just bought some today that last until June 2021.

These are my favourite sweet to induldge in and I'm happy to share with other chocolate fiends.
I like the sound of your jib and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Koodo: $40/5GB Unlimited Canada wide calling
Member
Oct 15, 2017
335 posts
221 upvotes
Canada
There is a dark chocolate version too! Almonds are healthy, right?!? :twisted:
Newbie
Aug 20, 2019
56 posts
39 upvotes
Proxism wrote: I buy a lot of PC Milk Chocolate covered almonds, so I'll offer my method that is available every month at Shopper's, likely across the country.

1. Get a personalized offer after buying PC chocolate product: 600 pts per $3 of PC chocolate
2. Wait for the 340g bag to go on sale for 3.99 using the "save for next week" function on the offer.
3. On the week that it's 3.99 [you can see in the flyer, typically any of those PC chocolate bags means almonds are on sale too] go on a 20x pts day for 30% (Saturday OR personalized offer).

Total cost is $3.99 x 1.13 = 4.51 - 0.60 - 1.20 = $2.71 / 1.13 = $2.40 per 340g bag before tax, or 71 cents per 100g of milk chocolate covered almonds. Much cheaper than Walmart and Bulk Barn and are also the highest quality of the three.

Advantages:
1. occurs every month.
2. Bags are smaller so you don't have to keep a big bag open longer.... or worse you eat more.
3. Dates are fresh. I just bought some today that last until June 2021.

These are my favourite sweet to induldge in and I'm happy to share with other chocolate fiends.
Does this apply to the dark chocolate almonds as well?
Member
Oct 16, 2010
268 posts
639 upvotes
dsweetlou wrote: There is a dark chocolate version too! Almonds are healthy, right?!? :twisted:
BrennanN63260 wrote:
Does this apply to the dark chocolate almonds as well?
Yes it works for any bagged PC chocolate.

In fact, this method applies to all PC products, but prices, sales, and availability will vary. The bagged chocolate products have particular predictability.
Newbie
User avatar
Mar 11, 2019
43 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto
This is a really good deal (limit 14, lol). I might stop by a Toronto location tomorrow and see if we get the discount too
Member
May 17, 2011
323 posts
255 upvotes
Toronto
shof123 wrote: This is a really good deal (limit 14, lol). I might stop by a Toronto location tomorrow and see if we get the discount too
i tried adding it to my cart for a GTA store and showing as 7.98. Might have been a manager special to get rid of close to expire stock.
Newbie
User avatar
Mar 11, 2019
43 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto
jrshopper wrote: i tried adding it to my cart for a GTA store and showing as 7.98. Might have been a manager special to get rid of close to expire stock.
Ah so it was too good to be true :(

Top