Expired Hot Deals

[Real Canadian Superstore] Ontario: Prime Rib oven roast AAA or USDA choice $5.44LB (Apr 18-21)

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 29th, 2019 11:57 am
Newbie
Dec 10, 2012
9 posts
4 upvotes
CALGARY
Cap-off means the fat cap, not the rib cap spinalis dorsi that you are most likely referring too, these steaks/roasts will have that cap.
Sr. Member
Dec 19, 2006
540 posts
450 upvotes
Vancouver
death_hawk wrote: Even though I'm in BC, I would literally fly to Ontario if I could just buy the cap.
Seriously... why the hell is every Prime Rib deal cap off? It's the best freakin' part.



Fixed.
The bone is the 2nd best part.
If you ever actually took a look at the prime ribs they sell, you'll realize they're talking about the fat cap, not the muscle Winking Face
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 20, 2009
2772 posts
1131 upvotes
Toronto
death_hawk wrote: Even though I'm in BC, I would literally fly to Ontario if I could just buy the cap.
Seriously... why the hell is every Prime Rib deal cap off? It's the best freakin' part.



Fixed.
The bone is the 2nd best part.
I'm a deboner.
It is indeed the 2nd best part, which I do not throw out.
Make bone broth/gel using my Instant Pot.

When I purchased $250 worth during the Xmas sale, I made several batches (which I also froze).
Yummy soups!
Sr. Member
Jun 22, 2009
969 posts
467 upvotes
Vancouver
singhrh wrote: why is this never in the west... Only in Ont.?
Not enough people over here to make the price cut worth it for them. At least back east they still turn a profit if they did it out west they would be losing money .
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
25972 posts
11419 upvotes
ocisnicola wrote: If you ever actually took a look at the prime ribs they sell, you'll realize they're talking about the fat cap, not the muscle Winking Face
I've seen the picture in the flyer and it certainly looked like the spinalis dorsi. I've been avoiding it based solely on that...

Even so, I want the fat cap too.
Member
Dec 5, 2015
458 posts
464 upvotes
Verdun, QC
singhrh wrote: why is this never in the west... Only in Ont.?
I'll up one you. No RCSS in Quebec.
Jr. Member
Nov 23, 2012
131 posts
82 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Sweet I have the beef deal in my PC app too Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
6153 posts
2255 upvotes
Perfect timing - our last roast from the last sale will be consumed this weekend at Passover dinner.
Sr. Member
Dec 19, 2006
540 posts
450 upvotes
Vancouver
death_hawk wrote: I've seen the picture in the flyer and it certainly looked like the spinalis dorsi. I've been avoiding it based solely on that...

Even so, I want the fat cap too.
If you've seen the picture in the flyer I don't know why you would think it didn't come with the spinalis dorsi then. Usually big chain grocery stores get their prime ribs with the fat cap already cut off since the majority of customers prefer it this way, but you can ask the meat department guys if they get prime rib with the cap on. It's only good for making hamburger meat though.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
1223 posts
313 upvotes
Magic2016 wrote: You may choose ‘save for next week ‘ in app.
This exactly save it for next week and then In the app it says available in 2 days which means Thursday when the sale starts your offer will be available

Top