Expired Hot Deals

Real Canadian Superstore

PC Extra Thick Cut Old Fashioned Peppercorn Bacon 1kg $4 (BB Aug 18th, Freezable) [YMMV Scarborough Town Centre]

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 18th, 2021 10:47 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
9359 posts
11309 upvotes

[Real Canadian Superstore] PC Extra Thick Cut Old Fashioned Peppercorn Bacon 1kg $4 (BB Aug 18th, Freezable) [YMMV Scarborough Town Centre]

Before continuing, if you're the type that lives by the Best Before date, this is NOT for you, as they say nowadays "my body my choice" just move along, no one needs your opinion on YOUR lifestyle choices here.

For the rest of us that knows things like bacon can be frozen and used beyond the Best Before (NOT EXPIRY) date :

PC Extra Thick Cut Old Fashioned Peppercorn Bacon 1kg $4 (Best Before Aug 18th, Freezable) at the Scarborough Town Centre location in Scarborough

Last edited by Wizard1 on Aug 17th, 2021 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
35 replies
Oct 31, 2010
849 posts
776 upvotes
Edmonton
Great price for really good bacon. Wish that was in my area.
Jun 28, 2010
58 posts
80 upvotes
I always buy a few extra packs to freeze anyways. Amazing deal. Thanks OP
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2020
5317 posts
4007 upvotes
I love the thick bacon. A shame it's so unhealthy.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2008
1605 posts
684 upvotes
Toronto
damn. wish this was near me. I would love to grab a bunch
Zoomer for phone + Carrytel for internet + Tangerine bank account + Stack debit card + Great Canadian rebates, ebates, drop and paymi for rebates.
Mar 14, 2009
527 posts
761 upvotes
Halifax
Guess the new flavour isn't as popular as they'd hoped.. I got one tagged 50% off here in Halifax last week.

Tasted about the same as the plain cure.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
9359 posts
11309 upvotes
dillybravo wrote: Guess the new flavour isn't as popular as they'd hoped.. I got one tagged 50% off here in Halifax last week.

Just trim off the Peppercorn part. Maple wood smoked. So good.

Yeah my wifey hates black pepper
Oct 14, 2015
475 posts
572 upvotes
Halifax, NS
dillybravo wrote: Guess the new flavour isn't as popular as they'd hoped.. I got one tagged 50% off here in Halifax last week.

Which location ?
Mar 14, 2009
527 posts
761 upvotes
Halifax
bigdukesixer wrote: Which location ?
Atlantic Superstore on Young. They only had one package at the time, expiry Aug 12 I believe. Maybe the other locations or No Frills will clear similarly at some point...
Mar 7, 2011
439 posts
548 upvotes
Surrey, BC
My RCSS has only one on the flashfood app and it’s still $5
Thanks OP
Oct 14, 2015
475 posts
572 upvotes
Halifax, NS
dillybravo wrote: Atlantic Superstore on Young. They only had one package at the time, expiry Aug 12 I believe. Maybe the other locations or No Frills will clear similarly at some point...
Thanks I'll keep an eye out for a repeat.
Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
4701 posts
4187 upvotes
Awesome price. Our local SS was clearancing them out at $7.94 limit 24. Was same price as last week but limit 12 before. Don't know why they put limits on when expiring soon...
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
9359 posts
11309 upvotes
muffin4life wrote: Awesome price. Our local SS was clearancing them out at $7.94 limit 24. Was same price as last week but limit 12 before. Don't know why they put limits on when expiring soon...
Prevent heart attacks and OD'ing on bacon
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
4189 posts
11593 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
Wizard1 wrote: Before continuing, if you're the type that lives by the Best Before date, this is NOT for you, as they say nowadays "my body my choice" just move along, no one needs your opinion on YOUR lifestyle choices here.

For the rest of us that knows things like bacon can be frozen and used beyond the Best Before (NOT EXPIRY) date :

PC Extra Thick Cut Old Fashioned Peppercorn Bacon 1kg $4 (Aug 18th exp, Freezable) at the Scarborough Town Centre location in Scarborough
Thanks for the thread @Wizard1, great price for those in Scarborough.

It also bugs me when the term Expiry date is used when Best Before should be used. I had to LOL when I saw you using the following in the OP and the title:
PC Extra Thick Cut Old Fashioned Peppercorn Bacon 1kg $4 (Aug 18th exp, Freezable)
Might I suggest:
PC Extra Thick Cut Old Fashioned Peppercorn Bacon 1kg $4 (BB Aug 18th, Freezable)
;)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
9359 posts
11309 upvotes
trystee wrote: Thanks for the thread @Wizard1, great price for those in Scarborough.

It also bugs me when the term Expiry date is used when Best Before should be used. I had to LOL when I saw you using the following in the OP and the title:

Might I suggest:

;)
Thx fixed accordingly
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2020
5317 posts
4007 upvotes
trystee wrote: Thanks for the thread @Wizard1, great price for those in Scarborough.

Might I suggest:

;)
Why is bacon a best before product instead of expiry when it is greasy meat? Do you mean it can be eaten 3 months after the date listed?