Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Real Canadian Superstore Black Friday

PS5 and XBOX X available at Superstore!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2022 7:54 am
Nov 13, 2016
436 posts
320 upvotes
Anyone know when the second batch of PS5 is expected?

Also for those that picked up the console and controller bundle (not the God of War bundle), was your console the CFI-11XX model or was it the newer 12XX series model?
Dec 18, 2015
30 posts
59 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Got the Xbox Series S at RCSS Meadows, Edmonton yesterday. They still had some in stock! No PS5 or Xbox X that I saw there.. Bunch of accessories also seen.

Edit: Paid 299+tax and got 75000 points in return
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
2332 posts
710 upvotes
Alberta
vinudom wrote: Got the Xbox Series S at RCSS Meadows, Edmonton yesterday. They still had some in stock! No PS5 or Xbox X that I saw there.. Bunch of accessories also seen.

Edit: Paid 299+tax and got 75000 points in return
Did you need to find a filler to get to $300 of electronics?
Aug 2, 2014
915 posts
1203 upvotes
Vancity
Anyone have any luck finding Series X in the greater Vancouver region?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
3295 posts
453 upvotes
No luck for Xs anywhere here in NL that I checked (Dominion instead of RCSS but essentially the same) but there were some Ss. No PS5s but a ton of Switches.
Jun 1, 2008
501 posts
709 upvotes
London
Chingyul wrote: Did you need to find a filler to get to $300 of electronics?
No need for Filler. It's in their flyer.
Jun 1, 2007
823 posts
397 upvotes
Toronto
I realized that there's little electronic recycling fee on the receipts which seem to push them over that $300 limit so no filler has been needed.

I'm hoping to get a PS5, any version, from Shoppers next week during the bonus redemption as I've been saving up some points for that. Let's see how it goes! I managed to get a Series S last week and can't wait to try NHL after several years of not playing, although I can't think of much else to use it for lol. If there were some exciting Xbox exclusives that would not be coming to the PC that might be different.
Jun 7, 2022
20 posts
86 upvotes
carksey wrote: For those getting a new xbox x make sure to use the GamePass ultimate protrick 36 months for 140 bucks.

Basically RedFlagDeals has a section where pc only monthly subs are 4 bucks (redeem 35 of these codes after paying etransfer amount to member of 140 bucks) and then either use the 1 dollar offer for 1 month ultimate (or maybe seller will give u a 1 month ultimate code for free) and this will upgrade all 35 months pc to ultimate + add a month... Ultimate allows console and pc for the same account so now you have a 36 month console and pc gamepass sub.
can you share the link to that thread?
Feb 6, 2006
558 posts
36 upvotes
discoverychannel wrote: Every PC optimum member gets the offer for points this week. Doesn’t matter what’s loaded or sent to you. Full event available to everyone. Get 25k points for every $100 spent.
I went yesterday to buy the air pod pro, and i could not get the 25K points as it is not loaded in the app.
I tried and the customer service helped me trying to find in my app but we could not find it and would not apply the points.
My wife uses her app (different account) and it was there, so we used her account instead.
Not sure why it's not in my app but I have the email. We were discussing that because maybe I have too much points already (more than 800K), they would like me to get more points.
Oct 31, 2021
33 posts
19 upvotes
For anyone interested in buying an Xbox Series X, I went to RCSS the night of the 17th and they were out of stock, I called back the next day and they had 2 in stock. OP mentioned that they would restock on the 24th but keep calling as it seems my store had a restock the next day.
Aug 2, 2014
915 posts
1203 upvotes
Vancity
TrueGritty wrote: For anyone interested in buying an Xbox Series X, I went to RCSS the night of the 17th and they were out of stock, I called back the next day and they had 2 in stock. OP mentioned that they would restock on the 24th but keep calling as it seems my store had a restock the next day.
Horrible experience calling my local RCSS's looking for an X series.
90% of the time they kept telling me "we have it in stock" when in reality I very carefully and clearly explained I'm NOT looking for the series S, white box, 299, I'm looking for the X, black box, 599.

Half of them couldn't get it through their heads. A couple of stores didn't even pick up the phone. **** Loblaws.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
1555 posts
659 upvotes
Ottawa
Chingyul wrote: Did you need to find a filler to get to $300 of electronics?
In my experience, PC Optimum rounds up a few pennies. 299.99 should count at $300.
Mar 7, 2011
15 posts
1 upvote
Saint Thomas
St Thomas, Ontario store had 4 Xbox X’s available this morning.
Apr 7, 2012
824 posts
847 upvotes
gta
yeti13 wrote: Horrible experience calling my local RCSS's looking for an X series.
90% of the time they kept telling me "we have it in stock" when in reality I very carefully and clearly explained I'm NOT looking for the series S, white box, 299, I'm looking for the X, black box, 599.

Half of them couldn't get it through their heads. A couple of stores didn't even pick up the phone. **** Loblaws.
you are calling a grocery store employees, give them a little break if they dont know s vs x. its a one time a year thing to deal with this stuff. especially when its the S in the flyer.
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2021
2080 posts
903 upvotes
Is this the best deal for an X? Or is it better to redeem during the SDM bonus redemption event? I only have enough for the 1st or 2nd tier of points.
Dec 16, 2015
533 posts
696 upvotes
Toronto, ON
yeti13 wrote:
Horrible experience calling my local RCSS's looking for an X series.

Did you explain as nicely as this?
Aug 2, 2014
915 posts
1203 upvotes
Vancity
soulrebell wrote: Did you explain as nicely as this?
Very nicely.

"Good morning, do you have Xbox series X - as in X-ray- in stock? It is the black one for 599, NOT the white one that is $299"

And I basically repeated that multiple times with each employee. One was adamant they had it, but it was a 40 minute drive away. I repeated myself 3 times to make sure before I went there, thankfully because of my persistence she re-confirmed and said it was only the series S.

Don't jump to conclusions.. obviously I'm frustrated and posting here about how annoying it is, doesn't mean I'm giving someone a hard time on the phone. They get paid shit, and deal with idiots, I'm empathetic. Still, horrible experience.
Aug 2, 2014
915 posts
1203 upvotes
Vancity
navyblue wrote: you are calling a grocery store employees, give them a little break if they dont know s vs x. its a one time a year thing to deal with this stuff. especially when its the S in the flyer.
I am very patient and polite with employees. I'm allowed to be annoyed and complain here. I said **** Loblaws, not the underpaid, understaffed employees.