Expired Hot Deals

[Real Canadian Superstore] RCSS - $5 BBQ Rotisserie Chicken, 900 grams

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 8th, 2020 9:58 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Aug 20, 2012
13304 posts
2666 upvotes
Pacific Ocean

[Real Canadian Superstore] RCSS - $5 BBQ Rotisserie Chicken, 900 grams

K, saw this great deal at Scarborough RCSS on Brimley Rd. Whole BBQ rotisserie chicken for $5, 900gm size. NEVER seen this price this low at RCSS. Regular price $9.99-$10.99. Freshly made, not overnite write-off's. So far, only seen this sale at Scarborough location. 2 types, the one in the pic (seasoned) and the orange one (roasted). Not listed in flyer.

Image
Last edited by aznnorth on Apr 6th, 2020 8:34 am, edited 7 times in total.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
61 replies
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 18, 2012
9702 posts
4502 upvotes
Toronto
TomRFD wrote: The Costco promo was only at the one location and that promo ended didn't it?
nah it was at many costco's
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 31, 2017
6729 posts
2949 upvotes
cruisn76 wrote: Bayview & Hwy 7 Loblaws has a sign on the front door saying the BBQ chicken is $4.50 FYI
Thanks!

This is the cost of a slice of pizza and pop. Nice deal!
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Aug 20, 2012
13304 posts
2666 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
skwan wrote: Nice! Not a one day thing?


^^^ NOPe. Did not see an expiry date on any signage. But assume it's only for this week so prolly expires at end of business day wednesday.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Newbie
User avatar
Jul 2, 2016
84 posts
88 upvotes
It's this going to be the price for a while, or just a few days sale?

$5 is SCORCHING HOT.
Member
User avatar
Sep 15, 2003
278 posts
166 upvotes
Toronto
Was $3.99 at 401/Weston RCSS a couple days ago. Dont know if its still on sale.
Sr. Member
Dec 24, 2017
959 posts
946 upvotes
London
Question, is there a way to store these for more than a couple days? Can they be frozen? I buy food for only myself and would be able to make several meals out of this if possible lol
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 18, 2012
9702 posts
4502 upvotes
Toronto
Can anyone confirm at the Don Mills location?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 27, 2004
14847 posts
3615 upvotes
Only today or?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2651 posts
402 upvotes
Toronto
bpboop wrote: Question, is there a way to store these for more than a couple days? Can they be frozen? I buy food for only myself and would be able to make several meals out of this if possible lol
Of course it can be frozen. Many people cook a large portion of their meals just to freeze to use later. Id probably cut the chicken in half to separate 2 portions though. 1 entire chicken for 1 serving would be too much for me
Sr. Member
Dec 24, 2017
959 posts
946 upvotes
London
AzNCrAzYcOoLeR wrote: Of course it can be frozen. Many people cook a large portion of their meals just to freeze to use later. Id probably cut the chicken in half to separate 2 portions though. 1 entire chicken for 1 serving would be too much for me
Maybe it's just my family but we've never frozen cooked chicken, just seems unusual to me lol. Definitely would portion it out!
Newbie
User avatar
Jul 2, 2016
84 posts
88 upvotes
bpboop wrote: Question, is there a way to store these for more than a couple days? Can they be frozen? I buy food for only myself and would be able to make several meals out of this if possible lol
Yeah, you can definitely freeze them but from personal experience, since they're already cooked, when you defrost them and reheat them again it changes the way that it tastes.
You can keep them in the fridge for a few days, I would recommend eating the white meat first and then reheating the dark meat in the oven, the dark meat holds moisture way better than the white meat and white meat is generally harder to reheat. Unless you incorporate the white meat into soups, or add sauces, etc.

You can probably eat a whole chicken over the span of 2-3 days if you're eating it with every meal, or if you're like me just eat the whole thing in one day.
Sr. Member
Dec 24, 2017
959 posts
946 upvotes
London
ShogunRua wrote: Yeah, you can definitely freeze them but from personal experience, since they're already cooked, when you defrost them and reheat them again it changes the way that it tastes.
You can keep them in the fridge for a few days, I would recommend eating the white meat first and then reheating the dark meat in the oven, the dark meat holds moisture way better than the white meat and white meat is generally harder to reheat. Unless you incorporate the white meat into soups, or add sauces, etc.

You can probably eat a whole chicken over the span of 2-3 days if you're eating it with every meal, or if you're like me just eat the whole thing in one day.
The taste was that i was wondering about mostly, so thank you! I'd probably use it a lot for sandwiches and such. Maybe my roommate would want to split it :)
Newbie
Jan 29, 2012
69 posts
28 upvotes
Ottawa
bpboop wrote: Question, is there a way to store these for more than a couple days? Can they be frozen? I buy food for only myself and would be able to make several meals out of this if possible lol
Two tips:
- Freeze it in a tight plastic bag .. try to get the air out.
- Before you reheat it, better to thaw it overnight in the fridge.

I am not an expert but that works for me :)

Top