Expired Hot Deals

[Real Canadian Superstore] RCSS and No frills - Tilda Basmati rice - $9.97 after $7.71 off

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 22nd, 2020 8:03 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 16, 2017
113 posts
121 upvotes

[Real Canadian Superstore] RCSS and No frills - Tilda Basmati rice - $9.97 after $7.71 off

It's already posted on their flyers.. But figured worth letting everyone know who didn't notice. Tilda is a premiums basmati rice which explains why it's almost $18 for 10lb bag.

Had it yesterday. Man it is amazing..

Found in Ottawa flyers
Images
  • upload.jpg
49 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1492 posts
5294 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
On sale this week at no frills for the same price.
What's in your wallet?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
6067 posts
2411 upvotes
West GTEH!
Spawk1028 wrote: On sale this week at no frills for the same price.
Yep. Was at NF this past weekend and lots of people loading up on this.
Saw 1 person with at least 12 bags in his cart. I guess there's "no limits" at NF.
😎
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
5593 posts
497 upvotes
Markham
Webhead wrote: Yep. Was at NF this past weekend and lots of people loading up on this.
Saw 1 person with at least 12 bags in his cart. I guess there's "no limits" at NF.
three is defn a 2 per family limit at some stors...but perhaps no limit at that store
Dec 27, 2012
111 posts
78 upvotes
WINDSOR
No limit at Superstore as well, got 4 Bags today.
Feb 4, 2017
366 posts
338 upvotes
Anyone spotted this deal out west yet?
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2008
1037 posts
272 upvotes
Ottawa
As expected, was OOS at the Orleans NoFrills on Sunday
Jun 11, 2019
174 posts
143 upvotes
North York, Toronto
+1 if you're playing the Tilda basmati theme in your head
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2011
1194 posts
467 upvotes
Brandon
striderKan wrote: +1 if you're playing the Tilda basmati theme in your head
Why can't we get the same pricing like in Superstore when ordering through Instacart? They instead jack up prices for delivery. Sounds like price gouging to me...
Aug 4, 2006
611 posts
272 upvotes
GTA - Gwilly
dboyman5 wrote: Why can't we get the same pricing like in Superstore when ordering through Instacart? They instead jack up prices for delivery. Sounds like price gouging to me...
More like surge pricing aka Uber.
Nov 8, 2012
747 posts
645 upvotes
London, ON
Just curious, how does this compare to the Kirkland Basmati in the pink bag? i got some i havent tried yet, hoping to make some saffron rice, but is the quality comparable?
Oct 13, 2017
642 posts
582 upvotes
dboyman5 wrote: Why can't we get the same pricing like in Superstore when ordering through Instacart? They instead jack up prices for delivery. Sounds like price gouging to me...
it's whatever deal they made with the store... Prices have always been higher here for places like Fortinos and sales were excluded. You're paying for the convenience of having someone else shop for you. Walmart seems to be the one store where the prices are pretty well the same as what you see in store. But even there sales are only included about 50% of the time.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2006
2356 posts
840 upvotes
Burnaby
I find this rice is not as good as a couple years ago but better than the No 817 Elephant Brand. Others may disagree.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
1556 posts
1865 upvotes
Scarborough
stilltippin wrote: Just curious, how does this compare to the Kirkland Basmati in the pink bag? i got some i havent tried yet, hoping to make some saffron rice, but is the quality comparable?
I tried this a while back. Haven't tried Kirkland. Though this one was far inferior to other brands like No. 817 Elephant Brand Basmati Rice and India Gate Premium Basmati Rice. Will never buy Tilda ever again. I'd avoid it. I'd rather get a pack of the India Gate when it goes on sale again. It usually goes around the same price as this sale. Been using India Gate since. Best one had ever!
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
1350 posts
1501 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
stilltippin wrote: Just curious, how does this compare to the Kirkland Basmati in the pink bag? i got some i havent tried yet, hoping to make some saffron rice, but is the quality comparable?
Tilda definitely has some of the best basmati rice. I'm curious to try the Kirkland version since Costco rarely disappoints.
The Biggest of the Big has arrived!
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
19776 posts
7251 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Bigboy16 wrote: Tilda definitely has some of the best basmati rice. I'm curious to try the Kirkland version since Costco rarely disappoints.
Indeed, i eat Tilda because all the others i have tried from India Gate to Elephant to No Name Basmati and more have not been as good. I am curious about the Kirkland as well but have not been anxious to be stuck with a large amount of not as good rice if it fails.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
Jun 1, 2019
48 posts
39 upvotes
I've never tried basmati rice before. How is it different from usual Asian (jasmine) rice? Is it a good substitute?
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1515 posts
968 upvotes
Vancouver
dirkdigglr wrote: I've never tried basmati rice before. How is it different from usual Asian (jasmine) rice? Is it a good substitute?
Basmati rice is longer thread than jasmine and it's lighter/flakier. Thus, it's good with most Indian cuisine and curry. If you've ever eaten Indian, you most likely have had basmati rice at some point in your life and just didn't notice.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
1373 posts
441 upvotes
I asked an Indian friend and she said basmati is basmati.... Is that true? If not, please state your reasons, source and experience