Expired Hot Deals

[Real Canadian Superstore] RCSS PC Enamel Cast Iron Grill Pan $19.99 (YVR)

• Last Updated:
  • May 12th, 2019 1:16 pm
[OP]
Nov 14, 2012
81 posts
73 upvotes
Vancouver

[Real Canadian Superstore] RCSS PC Enamel Cast Iron Grill Pan $19.99 (YVR)

Richmond Superstore had a small section in their housewares department for Clear Out items. One shelf carried PC enamel cast iron pans of various sizes and colors. I picked up a red 13.5 inch grill pan for $19.99, originally priced at $59.99. There were also round pans up to 14 inches I think, the bigger ones were a bit more expensive but still under $30. Decent amount of stock left when I was there Saturday afternoon.

Looking at Amazon it seems most enamel cast iron pans start at $60 this should be a hot deal? I also own Lodge cast iron and first impression is that Lodge has better pre-seasoning than PC. But can't go too wrong for twenty bucks.

Sorry I only took one photo, my hands were pretty full with a shopping cart and a toddler.
Images
  • IMG_20190511_160544.jpg
7 replies
Nov 4, 2010
42 posts
14 upvotes
Thanks for the post, I'll look to see if any in the Edmonton area
Jan 1, 2011
626 posts
158 upvotes
Etobicoke
If the pans are enamelled, do they still need seasoning?
Jan 23, 2019
99 posts
45 upvotes
Leafs Nation
bmedicky wrote:
May 12th, 2019 7:07 am
They do not.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6463 posts
3343 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
bmedicky wrote:
May 12th, 2019 7:07 am
MaGeol wrote:
May 12th, 2019 7:49 am
They do not.
They do if the photo in the OP is representative of the pans, which shows an external enamel only, leaving the actual cooking surface as bare cast iron.
If that's the case, then yes, the inside cooking surface would need to be seasoned.

Jan 23, 2019
99 posts
45 upvotes
Leafs Nation
I see. This link (https://www.presidentschoice.ca/en_CA/p ... l-pan.html) says:

"With an enameled finish that eliminates the need for pre-seasoning, these long-lasting pans feature a helper handle to facilitate lifting and moving and two pouring spouts for added convenience. The cast iron construction offers superior heat retention and even heat distribution plus they're compatible with all standard cooktops. Oven-safe up to 260°C / 500°F."
Feb 15, 2007
833 posts
120 upvotes
Pickering
MaGeol wrote:
May 12th, 2019 10:06 am
I see. This link (https://www.presidentschoice.ca/en_CA/p ... l-pan.html) says:

"With an enameled finish that eliminates the need for pre-seasoning, these long-lasting pans feature a helper handle to facilitate lifting and moving and two pouring spouts for added convenience. The cast iron construction offers superior heat retention and even heat distribution plus they're compatible with all standard cooktops. Oven-safe up to 260°C / 500°F."

Not the same pan as the one in the OP. The one in the OP is enameled on the outside and bare on the inside as mentioned above.

Looks like it may be store specific, or at least a very large YMMV on this one. Had a look at the RCSS in Ajax this morning and they had it at regular price. The one linked to by MaGeol is on sale at both RCSS and Loblaws for $29.99 however.
Jan 23, 2019
99 posts
45 upvotes
Leafs Nation
Oh okay. Thanks for the clarification.

EDIT: Now I see that they're different. Oops.