Expired Hot Deals

[Real Canadian Superstore] RCSS(west) 10 LB bag of Beets, Carrots, or Onions, $3.97, Sept 25 - Oct 1/20

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 2nd, 2020 10:24 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2004
1315 posts
343 upvotes
Greater Saskatchewan…

[Real Canadian Superstore] RCSS(west) 10 LB bag of Beets, Carrots, or Onions, $3.97, Sept 25 - Oct 1/20

RCSS(west) 10 LB bag of Beets, Carrots, or Onions, $3.97, Sept 25 - Oct 1/20

September is BEETS month. 10 LBS of beets have been $4.99 so far this month, but the price drops this week. Stock up and start pickling. Recipes anyone ?

.... But we are still twice the price compared to No Frills out east. Oh, where is the love for the west ? :rolleyes: no-frills-campbells-soup-0-47-carrots-b ... a-2403364/
Images
  • rcss-beets.jpg
:arrow: Literally by doing nothing at home, you can save lives during the Covid-19 Crisis.
:arrow: Keep physically distant but socially connected.
:arrow: Sask distracted driving - the old fashion way - with alcohol and MJ.
26 replies
Sep 7, 2002
937 posts
399 upvotes
We've been buying 10lb bags of beets for $2 since last week at No Frills. Last weekend, carrots, potatoes, beets were all $2 for 10lbs. Not sure if it's over or not, but we bought 80 lbs of beets in total. My nieces love that stuff.. even drink the water we boil them in as soup lol
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2086 posts
311 upvotes
Canada
strife wrote: We've been buying 10lb bags of beets for $2 since last week at No Frills. Last weekend, carrots, potatoes, beets were all $2 for 10lbs. Not sure if it's over or not, but we bought 80 lbs of beets in total. My nieces love that stuff.. even drink the water we boil them in as soup lol

We're new to beets, but would like to try them this season. What's a good recipe for beets?
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
34243 posts
3930 upvotes
Winnipeg
^also would like to know how to cook this

we out west have so much farm land and yet food is more expensive than east ahhhh the logic is too much
Jan 19, 2008
869 posts
276 upvotes
Pierrefonds
Dwight Schrute approves of this deal
Sep 7, 2002
937 posts
399 upvotes
zoomzoom wrote: We're new to beets, but would like to try them this season. What's a good recipe for beets?
Lol, we ghetto as heck. We just boil them.. they're sweet, so kids eat them like candy. I'm sure you can google for some recipes, but we can't be bothered. It's just some work to peel them first. My mom bought so many to cook, then freeze for later (reduce need to go shopping during covid, etc).
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2012
1174 posts
482 upvotes
Regina
zoomzoom wrote:
We're new to beets, but would like to try them this season. What's a good recipe for beets?
divx wrote: ^also would like to know how to cook this

we out west have so much farm land and yet food is more expensive than east ahhhh the logic is too much
Beets are generally nasty (taste like dirt) unless you roast them in the oven or roast them on the bbq like a baked potatoes.
Looking to buy Epson HT2150ST
May 21, 2008
47 posts
10 upvotes
Boil them first, then run them under cold water and the peel will just come off in your hands. It's a bit like peeling hard boiled eggs but even easier.
Oct 24, 2012
292 posts
225 upvotes
Edmonton
Beets are great for lowering your blood pressure.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2008
1206 posts
407 upvotes
Toronto
zoomzoom wrote: We're new to beets, but would like to try them this season. What's a good recipe for beets?
Oven roasted beets are always a good start. Then there is beet soup (google Borscht recipe). Good in season beets are an easy replacement for carrots in many cases. Use them to make beet soup (instead of carrot soup), beet cakes (instead of carrot cakes), in coleslaw instead of carrots, heck throw a few in your red velvet cake for the color.

Be warned, they color everything red. Like every meal you make will be stained red. TMI here but I wish someone warned me: Do not panic when your pee and poop is also reddish.
Zoomer for phone + Carrytel for internet + Tangerine bank account + Stack debit card + Great Canadian rebates, ebates, drop and paymi for rebates.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2008
1206 posts
407 upvotes
Toronto
divx wrote: ^also would like to know how to cook this

Forgot to tag you in the last post. Sorries.
Zoomer for phone + Carrytel for internet + Tangerine bank account + Stack debit card + Great Canadian rebates, ebates, drop and paymi for rebates.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2005
4102 posts
3006 upvotes
Brought a 10lb bag from no frills last week, first time trying beets and they are super good. I just steam and eat without any seasonings. The juice I used as food coloring for bread, cookies, muffins....
Images
  • IMG_20200919_020025.jpg
  • IMG_20200924_112219_038.jpg
  • IMG_20200921_101935.jpg
  • IMG_20200921_202710_291.jpg
Aug 14, 2015
818 posts
533 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
When I see beet, I think about Russian Borscht Soup. Definitely don't need 10lbs of them. You don't want it to need 10lbs either as our body couldn't process that much beets without toxic side effects.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
8635 posts
3638 upvotes
Vancouver
farfargurl wrote: Brought a 10lb bag from no frills last week, first time trying beets and they are super good. I just steam and eat without any seasonings. The juice I used as food coloring for bread, cookies, muffins....
wow farfargurl that looks good... love ur posts
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
1626 posts
660 upvotes
spiritsBB wrote: When I see beet, I think about Russian Borscht Soup. Definitely don't need 10lbs of them. You don't want it to need 10lbs either as our body couldn't process that much beets without toxic side effects.
Not that I would eat a 10lb on my own at once, but source?