Hot Deals

[Real Canadian Superstore] Smartwater or Vitaminwater $0.43 each YMMV?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 7th, 2021 2:47 pm
[OP]
Dec 14, 2013
160 posts
247 upvotes
AJAX

[Real Canadian Superstore] Smartwater or Vitaminwater $0.43 each YMMV?

RCSS has these on sale for $1.18 each, check your PCO offers for 1500 points when you buy 2. Works out to around $0.43 each, usually go for $1.87.

Might be YMMV if you didn't get the offer.
Images
  • Screenshot_20210605-151343.png
  • Screenshot_20210605-151257.png
25 replies
Nov 25, 2014
512 posts
526 upvotes
Your choice of sugar water or regular water
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
1415 posts
1631 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
There was a similar deal for sparkling water where I really loaded up. Nonetheless, +1.
The Biggest of the Big has arrived!
Banned
Apr 19, 2021
76 posts
62 upvotes
Bigboy16 wrote: There was a similar deal for sparkling water where I really loaded up. Nonetheless, +1.
Why not just get a soda machine and carbonate your own water?
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
1415 posts
1631 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
FiveFingerDeals wrote: Why not just get a soda machine and carbonate your own water?
The break even point for a soda stream would be too long for me as I only drink it like a couple times a week. Secondly, it was like 37¢/L, when is around cheaper than a soda stream.
The Biggest of the Big has arrived!
Apr 11, 2008
285 posts
74 upvotes
OutOfSt0ck wrote: Your choice of sugar water or regular water
Vitamn Water Zero not only does not have any sugar but they also offers a premium sugar alternative, ethriyol. It holds interest for people who want to limit their sugar and also want to avoid things like aspartame. To each their own.
Banned
Apr 19, 2021
76 posts
62 upvotes
Bigboy16 wrote: The break even point for a soda stream would be too long for me as I only drink it like a couple times a week. Secondly, it was like 37¢/L, when is around cheaper than a soda stream.
Good. Don't drink too much. Erode your teeth, give you osteoporosis and acidify your body.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2011
4085 posts
3658 upvotes
The NORTH
OutOfSt0ck wrote: Your choice of sugar water or regular water
Worse, Smart Water is not regular water, its vapor distilled water having no minerals/elements that regular water has and your body needs. Smart Water is literally sterilized fluid people pay to put in their bodies...
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10885 posts
5116 upvotes
Good deal, we tend to buy the vitamin waters when on sale for a buck each so 43 cents is even better
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
SIMPLii !!
Buy first think later!
Feb 4, 2017
383 posts
366 upvotes
FiveFingerDeals wrote: Good. Don't drink too much. Erode your teeth, give you osteoporosis and acidify your body.
I'm pretty sure your mixing up soda vs carbonated water there.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
2219 posts
1796 upvotes
BC
Loaded up on PC sparking water when there was thfe summer PC deal and it was sale priced @ $0.87 and had personal offer...

Is Smart water just bottled water?

SS has Aha sparkling water for $1/bottle limit 10...
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
2219 posts
1796 upvotes
BC
Taroble wrote: I'm pretty sure your mixing up soda vs carbonated water there.
Agreed... Sparking water is just carbonated but doesn't rot teeth... There is no sugar.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
3618 posts
1155 upvotes
Edmonton
It almost seems hard to imagine,

but you know that the tap water is cheaper and tastes good too?

It's gotta be a couple pennies for a litre and your getting the good stuff.
warming up the earth 1 gas fill-up at a time...
You only live once, get a v8
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
1415 posts
1631 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
FiveFingerDeals wrote: Good. Don't drink too much. Erode your teeth, give you osteoporosis and acidify your body.
Taroble wrote: I'm pretty sure your mixing up soda vs carbonated water there.
muffin4life wrote: Agreed... Sparking water is just carbonated but doesn't rot teeth... There is no sugar.
I think that it's because that acid erodes enamel, so yes, it quite a bit worse for your teeth than a lotta other liquids. It decalcifies teeth which you can feel if you swish it a lot.

I didn't know that it effected bone density though.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
2219 posts
1796 upvotes
BC
Bigboy16 wrote: I think that it's because that acid erodes enamel, so yes, it quite a bit worse for your teeth than a lotta other liquids. It decalcifies teeth which you can feel if you swish it a lot.

I didn't know that it effected bone density though.
Drink with a straw should minimize the effects
Jul 20, 2017
921 posts
1070 upvotes
When did redflagdeals comments get filled with scientists?

Shouldn't you water scientists be busy in the lab? I guess it's sunday, but still, you guys more important than trollin RFD deals.

I drink it cuz it taste good. I'm young and healthy so yea I can afford to drink unhealthy stuff for some more years. Thinking any deeper than that is for the scientists. And coca-cola's food scientists invented it and passed the canadian regulations, good enough for me. I get it's loaded with sugar and super high calories, but so what? so is coca cola, didn't stop the last 100 trillion bottles from being enjoyed. Sure it's got the word "water" in the name, but a name is just a name..

The government helps you know its bad for you ,because its taxed, unlike real water. It's a junk food drink, not a health drink of course. And it tastes good. And it probably had vitamins in it.

(The non zero stuff, the zero stuff tastes like cancer imo)
And i drink smart water too. Someone at the W scottsdale told me the best way to detox after a hard night of drinking is electrolytes, and its got them, so sounds healthy to me. Why would a hotel dedicated to partying and drinking steer me wrong?
Banned
Apr 19, 2021
76 posts
62 upvotes
kr0zet wrote: Worse, Smart Water is not regular water, its vapor distilled water having no minerals/elements that regular water has and your body needs. Smart Water is literally sterilized fluid people pay to put in their bodies...
Is it really? Distilled water is bad for you because it is more acidic due to the minerals not balancing the pH. Some studies show alkali water better.
Feb 4, 2017
383 posts
366 upvotes
FiveFingerDeals wrote: No..... How do you think soda gets fizzy?
With the use of carbon dioxide which is mildly acidic yes but it does not erode your teeth, cause osteoporosis or make your body acidic any more than other food/drinks the common person drinks in a day. Even lemon/lime in water or orange juice is more acidic if I'm not mistaken.

Your reasoning is that soda = carbonated water. Even looking at just the ingredient label, anyone can see they're completely different.

As with everything, all in moderation.
Banned
Apr 19, 2021
76 posts
62 upvotes
Taroble wrote: With the use of carbon dioxide which is mildly acidic yes but it does not erode your teeth, cause osteoporosis or make your body acidic any more than other food/drinks the common person drinks in a day. Even lemon/lime in water or orange juice is more acidic if I'm not mistaken.

Your reasoning is that soda = carbonated water. Even looking at just the ingredient label, anyone can see they're completely different.

As with everything, all in moderation.
Do you know what happens when CO2 which is an acid, reacts with calcium carbonate, which is a base?