• Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2020 12:34 pm
[OP]
Mar 15, 2010
14 posts
4 upvotes
Calgary

Real Canadian Superstore - in store price match policy change

Has anyone else noticed that RCSS will not accept competitor's fliers digitally anymore for price matching when shopping in store (for example using the FLIPP ap)? Or is it just an updated policy at the RCSS in Calgary at Deerfoot Meadows that's trying to pull this stunt?

I'm curious as to why RCSS hates trees and the environment. I've sent them a question on their "contact us" website. I can't wait to hear what type of delusional load of B.S. they're going to come back with.
71 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3253 posts
1788 upvotes
tstorzuk wrote: Has anyone else noticed that RCSS will not accept competitor's fliers digitally anymore for price matching when shopping in store (for example using the FLIPP ap)? Or is it just an updated policy at the RCSS in Calgary at Deerfoot Meadows that's trying to pull this stunt?

I'm curious as to why RCSS hates trees and the environment. I've sent them a question on their "contact us" website. I can't wait to hear what type of delusional load of B.S. they're going to come back with.
Probably because Walmart ending its price matching policy yesterday.
Nov 28, 2019
266 posts
117 upvotes
tstorzuk wrote: Has anyone else noticed that RCSS will not accept competitor's fliers digitally anymore for price matching when shopping in store (for example using the FLIPP ap)? Or is it just an updated policy at the RCSS in Calgary at Deerfoot Meadows that's trying to pull this stunt?

Hmm, I have not priced matched in a few weeks but at that time flipp was still allowed. It makes no sense as their own flyers are now all digital so you could not even pricematch with their other branded stores now?

I know my local independent store only allowed paper flyers as they said was to cut down on fraud, but not sure if they still only allow that or have price matching at all since I have not done it since covid.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15001 posts
12119 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
FYI ... what’s happening @ RCSS (and No Frills) has been a central part of the discussion in the Walmart Ad Match Ending thread this week ... starting here = walmart-ad-match-ending-october-15-2020 ... #p33271503

Seems that every RCSS & No Frills store is Ad Matching STILL

But how they apply it ... may differ store to store

So a case of YMMV depending on where you shop
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2006
4994 posts
452 upvotes
I price matched only as recently as last Saturday at RCSS at an Ontario location with Reebee with no issue, though I know the end of Walmart PM just happened on Thursday.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
2435 posts
1733 upvotes
Toronto
Just price matched today at RCSS in the GTA with flipp no problem at all. I'm guessing it's a made up rule I would call corporate and see where they stand as sometimes store mangers can reach beyond what they're allowed to.
[OP]
Mar 15, 2010
14 posts
4 upvotes
Calgary
WMPCOT,

Thanks for the information. I wanted to know if it was a BS policy that the store made up. I'll be calling corporate and finding out.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15001 posts
12119 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
tstorzuk wrote: WMPCOT,

Thanks for the information. I wanted to know if it was a BS policy that the store made up. I'll be calling corporate and finding out.
@tstorzuk ...

For future reference. If you want to have a particular RFDer see your reply you either have to

1- Hit REPLY WITH QUOTE ... as I have done in this reply
Or
2- Tag their username with an @ sign in front (also what I have done in this reply to you)

Either of these actions generates a PM and/or email to the RFDer ... who then knows to check the thread

No doubt you’ve got 2 notifications now from me Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20675 posts
4795 upvotes
Poormond Hill
The issue with price matching with apps flipp or reebee, is that the buyer can log into any region in Canada just by putting in that area zip code. Cashiers are not as dumb as you think as they also price match. And please do not ask the cashier to use their cellphone to check for validity.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2004
4860 posts
475 upvotes
Toronto
I was able to proceed a PM at RCSS in Scarborough, ON yesterday (Oct 16) with Flipp ad.
h2o- a.k.a. 阿水 (Ah Sui)

Aug 15, 2018
131 posts
356 upvotes
From the fine print in their flyer, Superstore will only Price Match competitors which is determined by the individual store itself with a limit of 4 same items. Multi buys, BOGOs and % discounts excluded. Nothing is mentioned about only printed flyers allowed. From my experience I had no issues using Flipp to Price March. Most companies these days don’t even send out print flyers in the mail so it makes no sense to only allow print flyers for Price Matching
Oct 8, 2020
115 posts
210 upvotes
Ottawa
sandikosh wrote: And please do not ask the cashier to use their cellphone to check for validity.
THANK YOU. Do you know how many customers don't have their phones or don't have data and say "Can you check to see if this is cheaper elsewhere?" and then when I refuse, they ask to speak to a manager who asks "Was that necessary? Why wouldn't you just pull out your phone instead of calling me?" Thank goodness we've discontinued price-matching!
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15001 posts
12119 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
SenatorsFan wrote: THANK YOU. Do you know how many customers don't have their phones or don't have data and say "Can you check to see if this is cheaper elsewhere?" and then when I refuse, they ask to speak to a manager who asks "Was that necessary? Why wouldn't you just pull out your phone instead of calling me?" Thank goodness we've discontinued price-matching!
This should not ever be HUNG ON THE CASHIER

NOT THEIR RESPONSIBILITY

Someone wants a damn discount ... promo / coupon etc

Then it’s up to the CUSTOMER to COME PREPARED

Lol, I so get WHY you are happy with an end to Price Matching
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20675 posts
4795 upvotes
Poormond Hill
SenatorsFan wrote: THANK YOU. Do you know how many customers don't have their phones or don't have data and say "Can you check to see if this is cheaper elsewhere?" and then when I refuse, they ask to speak to a manager who asks "Was that necessary? Why wouldn't you just pull out your phone instead of calling me?" Thank goodness we've discontinued price-matching!
Also, the employees should not subsidize the operating costs of a billion dollar company. If the company wants their employees to look up fliers to validate price matching, they should provide the means.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
16175 posts
3543 upvotes
Toronto
ml88888888 wrote: Probably because Walmart ending its price matching policy yesterday.
No. It's always been this way for years @ Don Mills RCCS (Toronto, Ontario)
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!