Real Canadian Superstore

[Superstore] Earn 50,000 Optimum for every $100 spent in the Optical department

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2020 4:37 pm
[OP]
Jul 30, 2019
47 posts
276 upvotes

[Real Canadian Superstore] [Superstore] Earn 50,000 Optimum for every $100 spent in the Optical department

September 10th to 30th. Not sure how their optical department is priced but seems like a solid deal
Should work on anything in the optical department (contact lenses included)

Some more details here: https://www.theodoreandpringle.ca/
Last edited by Giekorock1 on Sep 16th, 2020 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
280 replies
Sep 26, 2013
370 posts
756 upvotes
I've done 2 pairs from them. Their selection on frame is limited and they have to order the lenses. But price is reasonable compare to bigger brand like lense craft. based on OP's screenshot i can't tell if insurance amount can be considered "spending"? if so this is very hot. Due to my high indexes, my glasses always cost $400+ , my insurance covers it all.
[OP]
Jul 30, 2019
47 posts
276 upvotes
azraelluz wrote: I've done 2 pairs from them. Their selection on frame is limited and they have to order the lenses. But price is reasonable compare to bigger brand like lense craft. based on OP's screenshot i can't tell if insurance amount can be considered "spending"? if so this is very hot. Due to my high indexes, my glasses always cost $400+ , my insurance covers it all.
I would guess insurance would be fine? Or you could always just pay for it yourself then submit the receipt to your insurance. That said I can't find any details about this deal other then the targeted ad I got, so I'm not sure
May 6, 2020
548 posts
367 upvotes
Halifax
Do they have branded frames??
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2011
1498 posts
4697 upvotes
Where did you find this offer? I can’t see it anywhere on their website.

Edit: nvm I found it
Last edited by phoreoneone on Sep 16th, 2020 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
3716 posts
1295 upvotes
Canada
Where to find reference for this offer??
Mar 30, 2018
938 posts
860 upvotes
Its on the RCSS flyer that starts tomorrow, last page
[OP]
Jul 30, 2019
47 posts
276 upvotes
If anyone has an online link with more details please link it so I can add it to the main post
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2011
1727 posts
3764 upvotes
Mississauga
I actually called a location earlier today. The offer works even on contact lenses.
Feb 24, 2017
92 posts
23 upvotes
For contact lens, is it better than rakuten? New Customers 15% off your first order of contacts and Free shipping? NEWG2R3L
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2011
1727 posts
3764 upvotes
Mississauga
matchacreamkitty wrote: For contact lens, is it better than rakuten? New Customers 15% off your first order of contacts and Free shipping? NEWG2R3L
You gotta call and get a quote. I was quoted a better deal even compared coctco or rakuten as they also offered an additional 10 or 15% discount for buying multiple boxes plus the PC points on top. I think they even offered another deal for a Mail in rebate offer too. So almost like getting 3 deals instead of just one.
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
3370 posts
1711 upvotes
Airdrie
Appears to be Ontario only. My Superstore has an optical dept but it's not Theodore & Pringle.

Edit: Apologies. My work network locates me in Ontario and it showed no stores outside the province. Now that I'm home it shows the Airdrie store.
Last edited by jdewit on Sep 16th, 2020 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
4578 posts
1545 upvotes
Vancity
azraelluz wrote: I've done 2 pairs from them. Their selection on frame is limited and they have to order the lenses. But price is reasonable compare to bigger brand like lense craft. based on OP's screenshot i can't tell if insurance amount can be considered "spending"? if so this is very hot. Due to my high indexes, my glasses always cost $400+ , my insurance covers it all.
You can claim insurance on this and get the points. Just pay with your CC, and send in the receipt to the insurance company. You're not getting a discount on the receipt.
signature closed for renovation
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
6873 posts
7564 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Excellent - use the rest of my insurance, and get points towards a PS5
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Dec 9, 2001
567 posts
274 upvotes
Vancouver
How much is an eye exam? Does it count?
May 8, 2013
682 posts
620 upvotes
London
This counts for any items purchased in store... Last time I refunded and rebought to add 15 bucks to get another 50k, the points from both sales stuck...
[OP]
Jul 30, 2019
47 posts
276 upvotes
jdewit wrote: Appears to be Ontario only. My Superstore has an optical dept but it's not Theodore & Pringle.
I got the ad and I'm in Alberta. I think it's all superstore optical departments