Expired Hot Deals

[Real Canadian Superstore] [Superstore] Earn 50,000 Optimum for every $100 spent in the Optical department

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2020 4:37 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
4210 posts
1099 upvotes
azraelluz wrote: I've done 2 pairs from them. Their selection on frame is limited and they have to order the lenses. But price is reasonable compare to bigger brand like lense craft. based on OP's screenshot i can't tell if insurance amount can be considered "spending"? if so this is very hot. Due to my high indexes, my glasses always cost $400+ , my insurance covers it all.
You can claim insurance on this and get the points. Just pay with your CC, and send in the receipt to the insurance company. You're not getting a discount on the receipt.
signature closed for renovation
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
6458 posts
5925 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Excellent - use the rest of my insurance, and get points towards a PS5
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Dec 9, 2001
435 posts
191 upvotes
Vancouver
How much is an eye exam? Does it count?
May 8, 2013
621 posts
581 upvotes
London
This counts for any items purchased in store... Last time I refunded and rebought to add 15 bucks to get another 50k, the points from both sales stuck...
[OP]
Jul 30, 2019
21 posts
254 upvotes
jdewit wrote: Appears to be Ontario only. My Superstore has an optical dept but it's not Theodore & Pringle.
I got the ad and I'm in Alberta. I think it's all superstore optical departments
Nov 29, 2006
391 posts
45 upvotes
Giekorock1 wrote: I got the ad and I'm in Alberta. I think it's all superstore optical departments
Yep, works in Saskatchewan as well.
Oct 3, 2018
51 posts
65 upvotes
flaming homer wrote: May be interesting with buying contacts, will check if they're cheaper than Costco

But for others, please people - https://www.zennioptical.com/
+1 for Zenni. Cheap but decent quality glasses online. Gets in my Canadian mailbox under 3 weeks. Ordered from them many times for my family and usually works out well. Can also apply the receipt to extended health for reimbursement. If there are any issues with the glasses, just return them for full refund 1st time, and subsequent times 50% credit. Excellent customer service.
Jul 7, 2020
26 posts
9 upvotes
I just checked with the Optical department at Metrotown (BC) which is Loblaws and they have the same deal on.

It does not apply to eye exams.
Mar 6, 2011
211 posts
44 upvotes
Anyone know if Superstore optical can put new lenses in existing frames?
Mar 11, 2020
112 posts
84 upvotes
does this work with an optometrist appt to check my eyes
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2013
1207 posts
1572 upvotes
West
Any idea if this can stack with the 5000 pts back on $20 spend offer? Never been to RCSS's optical before - it seems to just be a contracted company to do optical?

How is the selection of relatively cheap frames? I have some bottom of the barrel insurance coverage, and they only cover up to $100... Don't really need another pair, but was looking to use up my benefits to get a spare pair. - Edit: Nevermind... saw that "Joe Fresh" is a brand there - I should be fine Face With Tears Of Joy.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
1556 posts
1035 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Huge thanks to OP!!

Picked up 5 boxes (90s) of Total1's and 1 box (90s) of BioTrue's for $513.40 including taxes. Received 250,000 pts instantly. Greatest deal ever!
redflagdeals... buy now, think later.
Feb 27, 2010
486 posts
264 upvotes
I’ve never been to this optical store before...is this deal also valid at Fortinos optical as well?the closest location for me is at 330 queens plate drive
Jun 3, 2007
500 posts
162 upvotes
Toronto
azraelluz wrote: I've done 2 pairs from them. Their selection on frame is limited and they have to order the lenses. But price is reasonable compare to bigger brand like lense craft. based on OP's screenshot i can't tell if insurance amount can be considered "spending"? if so this is very hot. Due to my high indexes, my glasses always cost $400+ , my insurance covers it all.
I got 2 pairs from them earlier this year. The sales person sent my insurance claim straight to my insurance company, it was accepted and I only paid the amount above my coverage.