Expired Hot Deals

[Real Canadian Superstore] [Superstore] Earn 50,000 Optimum for every $100 spent in the Optical department

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2020 1:08 am
Mar 3, 2017
64 posts
22 upvotes
dtaylorl wrote: Anyone know if Superstore optical can put new lenses in existing frames?
my local store has done it for a pair of safety glasses for me. Think i signed a form saying theirs a risk of damaging the frames.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3025 posts
1625 upvotes
denhammer wrote: I got 2 pairs from them earlier this year. The sales person sent my insurance claim straight to my insurance company, it was accepted and I only paid the amount above my coverage.
If you want to take advantage of this deal, then you should pay for the whole thing and submit your insurance coverage so you can get more points.
Jun 3, 2007
498 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto
ml88888888 wrote: If you want to take advantage of this deal, then you should pay for the whole thing and submit your insurance coverage so you can get more points.
They gave me all the points on the full purchase price, including the part that they sent to my insurance company.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3025 posts
1625 upvotes
denhammer wrote: They gave me all the points on the full purchase price, including the part that they sent to my insurance company.
I would still pay for the whole thing first to earn credit card reward.
Jun 3, 2007
498 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto
ml88888888 wrote: I would still pay for the whole thing first to earn credit card reward.
I dislike paperwork. I received 350 000 points so I was happy.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
1411 posts
292 upvotes
Ottawa
do they have their own lab?
Oct 3, 2019
22 posts
19 upvotes
Dear RFDers, remember to do the transaction on weekend, RCSS normally have some kind of "gift" on spending $250+ on weekend, it can be stack with this promotion. Last year, I spend around $400, get 200K points and a bunch of cereal which i sent to food bank at the exit.
Oct 2, 2007
139 posts
77 upvotes
YYC
What’s the likelihood of me picking up a pair of sunglasses and having the rep at the optical store saying they’re “prescription” so I can submit to my drug company?

I know people do this I’m just not sure of the process.
Jul 19, 2007
165 posts
46 upvotes
Saskatoon
about the same as the likelihood of finding someone to commit any kind of insurance fraud for you.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2015
1169 posts
630 upvotes
snitch1 wrote: What’s the likelihood of me picking up a pair of sunglasses and having the rep at the optical store saying they’re “prescription” so I can submit to my drug company?

So youre asking for advice on committing fraud?
Zoomer Mobile Customer - $36/month for 4 GB + free phone
Mar 10, 2009
123 posts
83 upvotes
Pickering
snitch1 wrote: What’s the likelihood of me picking up a pair of sunglasses and having the rep at the optical store saying they’re “prescription” so I can submit to my drug company?

In my experience you need a prescription. I did an eye test and got a slight prescription (vision just below 20/20 now). Asked for Ray Bans which came with the factory lenses, and the prescription lenses came on the side.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2007
3940 posts
429 upvotes
I tried ordering contacts at the last event, and was told I'd have to have an eye exam with the optometrist beforehand. Is this still the case? Felt like it was a mistake, given you can order contacts online with just a prescription.
Proud member of SENS Army
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
1372 posts
550 upvotes
mself084 wrote: I tried ordering contacts at the last event, and was told I'd have to have an eye exam with the optometrist beforehand. Is this still the case? Felt like it was a mistake, given you can order contacts online with just a prescription.
You might need an eye exam, but it doesn't have to be with them.

I can't imagine why you wouldn't be able to hand over an old prescription. You can't force people to do the eye exam and buy glasses/contacts at the same place.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2007
3940 posts
429 upvotes
Clement wrote: You might need an eye exam, but it doesn't have to be with them.

I can't imagine why you wouldn't be able to hand over an old prescription. You can't force people to do the eye exam and buy glasses/contacts at the same place.
That's what I thought, but I had my prescription on me... Figured the rep may have been mistaken. I'll have to try again Slightly Smiling Face
Proud member of SENS Army