Expired Hot Deals

[Real Canadian Superstore] [Superstore] Earn 50,000 Optimum for every $100 spent in the Optical department

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2020 1:08 am
Jun 11, 2013
2 posts
1 upvote
London
Hmm, think this would count as a "grocery" purchase for the purpose of rebate credit cards?
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3021 posts
1623 upvotes
philwong wrote: Hmm, think this would count as a "grocery" purchase for the purpose of rebate credit cards?
if not, then buy RCSS gcs using your grocery category cc first and pay using gcs.
Aug 11, 2016
161 posts
74 upvotes
Stackable with the extra 5000 points this weekend?
Nov 13, 2005
131 posts
12 upvotes
Montreal
Do we have to pay in advance? Otherwise, when we pick up the eyeglasses the offer is over. Do I have to go there personally?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5544 posts
2773 upvotes
Winnipeg
jdewit wrote: Appears to be Ontario only. My Superstore has an optical dept but it's not Theodore & Pringle.

Edit: Apologies. My work network locates me in Ontario and it showed no stores outside the province. Now that I'm home it shows the Airdrie store.
All I see are locations in ON. On my home network and I even allowed location to be detected.
Stupid website design IMHO.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3021 posts
1623 upvotes
samsonmq wrote: Do we have to pay in advance? Otherwise, when we pick up the eyeglasses the offer is over. Do I have to go there personally?
yes. If you do't go, how are they going to know your prescription?
Nov 13, 2005
131 posts
12 upvotes
Montreal
ml88888888 wrote: yes. If you do't go, how are they going to know your prescription?
I have my prescription already. Because I live in Montreal and I will be going to visit my sister in Mississauga on October 4, by then the offer will expire.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
3021 posts
1623 upvotes
samsonmq wrote: I have my prescription already. Because I live in Montreal and I will be going to visit my sister in Mississauga on October 4, by then the offer will expire.
i am asking how is the RCSS optical store going to know if you don't go the store.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2004
1650 posts
77 upvotes
a11u11 wrote: I went today at the one near Dufferin and Steeles in Toronto and ordered contacts as a new customer. I didn’t need to show my prescription or get an exam done. I just brought in a pair of my existing lenses and they ordered them. They didn’t have them in stock, so will pick them up in a few days.
Have you ordered contacts from them before? I was told that as a new customer I had to have a lens fitting but they weren’t seeing new customers due to COVID and the health ministry’s recommendation. I asked if I could just buy the brand I know and rep said no, not without a fitting...
May 5, 2006
677 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto
mochachicka wrote: Have you ordered contacts from them before? I was told that as a new customer I had to have a lens fitting but they weren’t seeing new customers due to COVID and the health ministry’s recommendation. I asked if I could just buy the brand I know and rep said no, not without a fitting...
Just booked an appointment for a fitting - the lady told me it was required as well.
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2002
12627 posts
2425 upvotes
azraelluz wrote: I've done 2 pairs from them. Their selection on frame is limited and they have to order the lenses. But price is reasonable compare to bigger brand like lense craft. based on OP's screenshot i can't tell if insurance amount can be considered "spending"? if so this is very hot. Due to my high indexes, my glasses always cost $400+ , my insurance covers it all.
who doesn't need to order the lenses? the glasses aren't available same day
cheapest frame there is $49...all their glasses have a 2 year warranty...
last year around the same time they had a promo of 50% off the lenses
[ PM me for nothing ]
May 5, 2006
677 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto
Also note that this isn't just for RCSS... there's locations at Loblaws as well.
Jul 7, 2007
37 posts
9 upvotes
I hadn't ordered from them before and was a new customer. I was a bit surprised they didn't insist on a fitting, but they didn't request it. Maybe their answer depends on who you talk to at the store? I also called in advance to make sure I didn't need to do a fitting before I went there.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2004
1650 posts
77 upvotes
markol wrote: Just booked an appointment for a fitting - the lady told me it was required as well.
Guess I just got a rep that didn’t want to do any work. I’m going to call again later to book a fitting.
Oct 9, 2012
130 posts
40 upvotes
SK
FYI My local superstore doesn’t have Oakley sunglasses, they do however have Raybans and Nike sunglasses.