Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Real Canadian Superstore

Vancouver :Nongshim Shin Black $6.48

• Last Updated:
  • May 14th, 2021 1:00 pm
Feb 18, 2009
144 posts
267 upvotes
vancouver

[Real Canadian Superstore] Vancouver :Nongshim Shin Black $6.48

For the Korean noodles' lovers I don't remember Shin Black to go down to $6.48 so might be a record low.
Images
  • 20210512_161014.jpg
44 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2606 posts
2199 upvotes
Canada
What’s the difference between this and the Ramyun (non-black) that I always get?
Deal Guru
Feb 2, 2011
10166 posts
5555 upvotes
Toronto
jbone14 wrote: What’s the difference between this and the Ramyun (non-black) that I always get?
I'm no instant ramen connoisseur, but I assume it has a different spice packet.
Jul 10, 2017
141 posts
264 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Nice find, such a top tier soup ramen!
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
2256 posts
6075 upvotes
Vancouver
jbone14 wrote: What’s the difference between this and the Ramyun (non-black) that I always get?
The standard one is slightly spicier. Black includes an extra beef stock soup packet. I find it meatier and even a little creamy. Noodles are the same. It's actually my favourite instant ramen at the moment and I eat A LOT of different types of instant ramen. Even better if you add sliced meat, tofu, vegetables, and an egg.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2606 posts
2199 upvotes
Canada
coolwasabi wrote: The standard one is slightly spicier. Black includes an extra beef stock soup packet. I find it meatier and even a little creamy. Noodles are the same. It's actually my favourite instant ramen at the moment and I eat A LOT of different types of instant ramen. Even better if you add sliced meat, tofu, vegetables, and an egg.
Dang I’ll have to give it a try, thanks!!
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
3344 posts
1679 upvotes
Lethbridge
Black is amazing. It's a much more rounded flavour. As the other guy said, creamier and less spicy. It's worth the extra cost, IMHO
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
1184 posts
1652 upvotes
Vancouver
Good find OP. Rarely seen these gone to discount. Wonder if this is for all vancouver stores.
Mar 26, 2010
986 posts
191 upvotes
Scarborough
This is my favourite, tend to eat this when I'm on my night shifts. The cup version is also about the same on Amazon https://www.amazon.ca/Nongshim-NS27060S ... B01L21BKBI Do keep in mind the cup version has a smaller servering size.
I took a little journey to the unknown
And I've come back changed I can feel it in my bones
I chased RFD deals that many can't see
Now the 50% off pizza deal got a hold on me
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2013
1045 posts
4135 upvotes
Toronto
This is a great price but occasionally lower at T&T. From October 2020.

3F13FC85-7D29-4CF8-9EF9-FED9DAAC43BD.jpeg
Apr 1, 2020
23 posts
19 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
seagull1987 wrote: Are these vegan?
nope, there's beef in the NA version, as well as shellfish (also found in other shin ramyun black versions, eg CN).
the original (shin ramyun) CN version is accidentally vegan (this one can be found at T&T for instance, sold in 5-pack vs 4-pack for the NA version, which isn't vegan)
EDIT: otherwise the green soon veggie ramyun is certified vegan, albeit less spicy/fragrant (imo) than the original
Jul 3, 2017
232 posts
354 upvotes
YYC
Same price in Calgary, AB. Shelves were cleaned out except for one that I saw yesterday. I should give it a try next time I see one.
Nov 6, 2012
445 posts
736 upvotes
Edmonton
Black is more balanced flavor and better dehydrated pack. Imagine red with more beef broth, cracked egg mixed into the soup, better veg.. that is black
Oct 14, 2018
133 posts
308 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Haven't been at RCSS in a while. What's the Insider price? Do you need the paid PC Insider membership to claim the discount? Why won't it show the non-discounted price, if so? Or will scanning a PC Optimum card be enough?
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2017
1115 posts
2114 upvotes
Vancouver
Damn you guys are marketing this shit well. Guess I'm going to need to go pick up a pack. I've just been buying indomie goreng.
Dec 24, 2014
199 posts
154 upvotes
Locust Hill, ON
RedFlagCrake wrote: Damn you guys are marketing this shit well. Guess I'm going to need to go pick up a pack. I've just been buying indomie goreng.
idomie is great with its aromatic spicy garlic onion flakes tho.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
3079 posts
4545 upvotes
West GTA
This is the best instant ramen I've had. I haven't had them all, but I've had a couple dozen types and this one was noticeably the best one. When microwaving it, crack an egg into it and stir it up, makes it tastier (and more nutritious). It isn't gourmet food, but for a basic utility meal it's pretty good.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2008
2615 posts
935 upvotes
I've actually had trouble finding this stuff in Ottawa. Does anyone know where I can find some?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2009
5237 posts
3507 upvotes
coolwasabi wrote: The standard one is slightly spicier. Black includes an extra beef stock soup packet. I find it meatier and even a little creamy. Noodles are the same. It's actually my favourite instant ramen at the moment and I eat A LOT of different types of instant ramen. Even better if you add sliced meat, tofu, vegetables, and an egg.
For even creamier....add butter.