Expired Hot Deals

Real Canadian Superstore

Vitamin D 1000 IU 240 ea Sale $3.98ea- reg $7.47

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 1st, 2021 8:19 am
[OP]
Newbie
Oct 2, 2020
25 posts
46 upvotes

[Real Canadian Superstore] Vitamin D 1000 IU 240 ea Sale $3.98ea- reg $7.47

Probably much cheaper at costco, but I'm not a member.
25 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
10629 posts
5919 upvotes
Paris
What province? Link broken for Ontario.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
2768 posts
2364 upvotes
BC
sales999 wrote: Probably much cheaper at costco, but I'm not a member.
You can get a free day pass to buy what you need at Costco
Jr. Member
Dec 18, 2019
105 posts
70 upvotes
Winnipeg
muffin4life wrote: You can get a free day pass to buy what you need at Costco
Can you elaborate? Would be interested in getting this.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 31, 2007
1667 posts
451 upvotes
Markham
This is a great price. Is it D3? I only paid slightly more getting Equate tablets, yesterday (ingredients list it as D3, which my preferred kind).
Equate 9.98 per 500, or 2X bottles for $17.96 vs OP's deal of $16.58 per 1000.
#apestogetherstrong
Member
Dec 8, 2006
493 posts
235 upvotes
Scarborough
Preferred form of vit D is D3 which should be taken with k2
Sr. Member
Mar 23, 2017
743 posts
1317 upvotes
Toronto
HuoShing wrote: For some, others though with light skin it might not be good, synthetic obviously, only 30min of sun a week needed. Dark skinned people who have obstacles in getting enough sunlight might consider it, although food source obviously superior.
Unless there is proof otherwise... no concrete evidence that taking vitamin d helps. There are variations in the studies. In regards to skin colour, can you clarify? Studies around skin colour show lighter the pigmentation the less vitamin d is absorbed.
Sr. Member
Mar 23, 2017
743 posts
1317 upvotes
Toronto
Irridion wrote: Preferred form of vit D is D3 which should be taken with k2
Only studies I could find around that combination showed benefit to women. K2 affects your blood and can be a concern for some individuals.
Sr. Member
May 12, 2014
918 posts
609 upvotes
Markham, ON
SamG852 wrote: Studies around skin colour show lighter the pigmentation the less vitamin d is absorbed.
I think you have it backwards, assuming we're talking about sun exposure. Quick googling landed on this page. The darker the skin colour, the more likely the person in the study is vitamin D deficient.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5372923/
https://www.nasw.org/article/vitamin-d- ... or-evolved
"fair-skinned people of European descent are nearly six times more efficient at making Vitamin D from UVB rays than those living near the equator."
Member
Jun 30, 2016
214 posts
148 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
Probably a clearout sale to get rid of 1000IU bottles in favour of 2500IU (which is the new allowed limit in Canada!)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 10, 2005
4847 posts
2229 upvotes
GTA
For those with costco memberships, get the Kirkland D3 1000IU 2x360 pack. $7.99 regular price
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 14, 2005
13678 posts
2426 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Thanks, my mom's dr told me to buy vitamin D for her.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Newbie
Dec 14, 2018
11 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Metalheart wrote: Can you elaborate? Would be interested in getting this.
Go straight the Costco membership desk and ask for a day pass. They require your Drivers License to verify. The store I went to has a limit of 2 passes per person per year
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
10629 posts
5919 upvotes
Paris
urover wrote: Probably a clearout sale to get rid of 1000IU bottles in favour of 2500IU (which is the new allowed limit in Canada!)
That’s good to know. I have been taking 5 1000iu a day. Would be better to only take 2
Member
Feb 7, 2017
459 posts
237 upvotes
Dave98 wrote: For those with costco memberships, get the Kirkland D3 1000IU 2x360 pack. $7.99 regular price
I bought the Jameson Vitamin D 1000IU 2x365 pack for $9.99 at Costco a few months back when it in the flyer. I guess I should consider the Kirkland brand next time.
Newbie
Oct 17, 2004
95 posts
18 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Jerico wrote: That’s good to know. I have been taking 5 1000iu a day. Would be better to only take 2
Same, been doing that for 2 years now. Feeling great. Some days I forget and take 10 the next day.
Member
Jun 30, 2016
214 posts
148 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
Jerico wrote: That’s good to know. I have been taking 5 1000iu a day. Would be better to only take 2
Absolutely. Can't wait to see 2500IUs in Costco (where I usually buy my D3).
sloose wrote: Same, been doing that for 2 years now. Feeling great. Some days I forget and take 10 the next day.
Oh wow. Never tried that. Always feel like there's more filler than D3 in the 1000IU tablets.

When I go out of Canada, I buy 50K/60K IU D3 capsules and do a loading dose once a year. That is 1 capsule a week for 2 months.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 25, 2008
1627 posts
439 upvotes
Ottawa
Irridion wrote: Preferred form of vit D is D3 which should be taken with k2
SamG852 wrote:
Only studies I could find around that combination showed benefit to women. K2 affects your blood and can be a concern for some individuals.
What kind of affection of your blood?

Where to get K2?
Sr. Member
Mar 23, 2017
743 posts
1317 upvotes
Toronto
cf7777 wrote: What kind of affection of your blood?

Where to get K2?
Some concerns around blood clotting. You can get it at any nutrition store or even amazon.

Top