Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Real Canadian Superstore

YMMV Prime Rib clearance at RCSS

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2019 2:29 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2004
2917 posts
489 upvotes

[Real Canadian Superstore] YMMV Prime Rib clearance at RCSS

Get your prime rib at RCSS, mine in Brampton had it for $3/lb and an additional 30% off on some.

YMMV obviously
23 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6729 posts
2998 upvotes
if it is only in Brampton then it is very likely all gone. I wonder if other RCSS locations have a fire sale as well
Deal Addict
May 30, 2011
3271 posts
1901 upvotes
badOne wrote: if it is only in Brampton then it is very likely all gone. I wonder if other RCSS locations have a fire sale as well
RCSS London (Gammage) had no roasts - they were cut up into steaks and full price $34.99/kg.
May 9, 2003
129 posts
228 upvotes
Orleans
At RCSS Ottawa East this morning firemen were packing a cart with roasts and at the same time the store staff were trying to move what was left in the bin to take back and , presumambly repack/reprice the roasts. While the price ($3.99) was right the quality of the cuts did not look very good.
Feb 22, 2013
140 posts
152 upvotes
Ottawa
plato wrote: At RCSS Ottawa East this morning firemen were packing a cart with roasts and at the same time the store staff were trying to move what was left in the bin to take back and , presumambly repack/reprice the roasts. While the price ($3.99) was right the quality of the cuts did not look very good.
Cooked two of these roasts this week, both delicious.

Zoomer: $36 4gb
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
26801 posts
11266 upvotes
Socially Distanced
killbillvol1 wrote: Get your prime rib at RCSS, mine in Brampton had it for $3/lb and an additional 30% off on some.

YMMV obviously
I think you won the lottery
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2009
1164 posts
580 upvotes
Vancouver
Why is it prime rib is so cheap out East and never in the west
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6729 posts
2998 upvotes
hoboonthestreet wrote: Cooked two of these roasts this week, both delicious.

what is that tiny blob of sauce you have on that steak?
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
18479 posts
13272 upvotes
Markham
alicklee wrote: Why is it prime rib is so cheap out East and never in the west
Because we're meat eaters here and you guys are seafood eaters.

Cheap Prime RIb is a buy IMO. Worst case, you can cut it up and do stir frys as it's cheaper than flank steak.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Aug 25, 2019
940 posts
990 upvotes
Clearance is NOT an attractive word to use for meat.....
"You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment." — Henry David Thoreau
Feb 7, 2017
652 posts
359 upvotes
Would you cook clearance meat medium rare? What about the bacteria?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6382 posts
2343 upvotes
Calgary
Siward44 wrote: Would you cook clearance meat medium rare? What about the bacteria?
its on clearance, not picked out of a dumpster... there are still health standards that need to be followed...
Jun 19, 2017
664 posts
1194 upvotes
Canada
All those heifers in the GTA.
Feb 22, 2013
140 posts
152 upvotes
Ottawa
badOne wrote: what is that tiny blob of sauce you have on that steak?
I scraped off some of the salted/spiced crust from the fat parts on the cut that I wasn't going to eat - I spread it onto the meat in lieu of adding extra salt or pepper.
Zoomer: $36 4gb
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
2415 posts
1192 upvotes
Vancouver
I eat so much clearance meat
Ill still alive
Feb 18, 2014
506 posts
307 upvotes
It's not that it's cheap, it's got more to do with clearing out inventory that is set to expire, if they don't mark the items down they'll get tossed in the next few days. Quite possibly the butchers in the back were expecting to sell more product Thanksgiving, they over cut and fell long on Prime Ribs, the only logical thing to do is blow them out at a ridiculous price instead of tossing them in the bin.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
29311 posts
14823 upvotes
bobby621 wrote: It's not that it's cheap, it's got more to do with clearing out inventory that is set to expire
That's the thing. Leading up to this event, GTA was $1 cheaper per pound than the West was.
Clearance is obviously YMMV based on your post, but it wasn't even identically priced before clearance.

Generally speaking GTA is cheaper than the West during all beef sales.
We've rarely dropped below $6-7/lb whereas they get as low as like $4/lb.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Feb 18, 2014
506 posts
307 upvotes
death_hawk wrote: That's the thing. Leading up to this event, GTA was $1 cheaper per pound than the West was.
Clearance is obviously YMMV based on your post, but it wasn't even identically priced before clearance.

Generally speaking GTA is cheaper than the West during all beef sales.
We've rarely dropped below $6-7/lb whereas they get as low as like $4/lb.
You'll never see Prime Rib ever at $4/lb (that's what stores are paying for cryovac ribs), those days ended many moons ago and they won't be returning (retail stores have to make full margin on premium cuts, they won't piss them away at below cost) if you can get ungraded beef, you may find that price. The norm in the GTA when on special/feature is 5.99-6.99 (Cap Off).
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
29311 posts
14823 upvotes
bobby621 wrote: You'll never see Prime Rib ever at $4/lb (that's what stores are paying for cryovac ribs), those days ended many moons ago and they won't be returning
I could swear there was a deal for like $4.71 or something within the last few months.
I'll go looking when I get back later.
if you can get ungraded beef, you may find that price.
Ungraded here is like $5/lb.
The norm in the GTA when on special/feature is 5.99-6.99 (Cap Off).
That's usually what I see too.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.