• Feb 26th, 2021 8:53 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2015
2707 posts
2354 upvotes
Technoking

The real reason of market crash Thursday

Is it really the rising 10 year treasury yield or is it due to gme??

How come MM can get together and decide to sell at the same time while everyone else were told to stay in the market and were wondering what happen?
To the moon
Share:
13 replies
Jul 15, 2018
573 posts
669 upvotes
Gme is the cause of everything bro... My toilet is currently plugged and you bet your ass its due to gme
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2015
2707 posts
2354 upvotes
Technoking
Nubby666 wrote: Gme is the cause of everything bro... My toilet is currently plugged and you bet your ass its due to gme
Could be a combination of things ie. people selling other holdings to play gme, there were hedge funds making 100s millions from playing gme but they had to sell other holdings...

But Thursday felt more like an orchestrated play by MM and mass media, ie. selling bonds (heard almost nobody was buying the 10 year treasury during the auction Thursday and the yield thus pushed up) and stocks at the same time and just holding cash...?
To the moon
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
3351 posts
4497 upvotes
Edmonton
I hate your stupid WSB avatar. Get that shit off this forum lol
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
1311 posts
1127 upvotes
Blubbs wrote: I hate your stupid WSB avatar. Get that shit off this forum lol
2021-0226 RFD settings.png
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
20245 posts
8318 upvotes
Toronto
IBTL. This is meaningless.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank, Simplii
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
6443 posts
1344 upvotes
GME is dogecoin of the equities world and there is nothing wrong with that. The frenzy just looks bad on the free market but entertaining nonetheless. New internet age made trading a little easier.
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2014
3368 posts
3524 upvotes
Toronto, ON
will888 wrote: IBTL. This is meaningless.
Oops had to Google “IBTL” Face With Tears Of Joy But, then again, didn’t know OP’s avatar’s origins until a month or so ago, when it was everywhere.. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

Oh and before the thread got locked - what Thursday crash?? :)
Last edited by freilona on Feb 26th, 2021 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2010
9908 posts
1794 upvotes
Correction after epic run up is normal. GME, bond yield, commodities rally, and profit taking all contribute to the run.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2015
2707 posts
2354 upvotes
Technoking
spike1128 wrote: Correction after epic run up is normal. GME, bond yield, commodities rally, and profit taking all contribute to the run.
My concern is its almost 1:1 yield up 1bp, stock down 1% so it was MM algo trades initially and only then retail investors like you and me got burned and follow to sell (or hold for dear life until MM decide to do trend reversal). Bond yield, profit taking, etc all can be easily manipulated and orchestrated...and the ones get to do profit taking first are MM, leaving retail for leftover gains..
To the moon
Aug 30, 2020
818 posts
1234 upvotes
YEG/YYZ
Lol at "crash".
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2015
2707 posts
2354 upvotes
Technoking
CanadianConsumerYEG wrote: Lol at "crash".
Nasdaq 3.5% is a big one day drop...maybe not crash like 4-5% back in March but still big especially when the high flyer stocks goes down like 20% in the in week's session, that translates to 100ks for me so im mad
To the moon
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2015
2707 posts
2354 upvotes
Technoking
freilona wrote: Oops had to Google “IBTL” Face With Tears Of Joy But, then again, didn’t know OP’s avatar’s origins until a month or so ago, when it was everywhere.. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

Oh and before the thread got locked - what Thursday crash?? :)
This should be a concern to individual investors, even ARK got crushed too, 15% loss in a week. Even banks, oils, cyclicals, and some commodities got affected although to a much lesser degree. For some people, its a matter of 100,000s of loss in few days...

I get that yield and valuation goes hand-in-hand inversely but the dynamics is almost 1:1, and when MM both selling bonds (thus yield rises) and stocks, what are they really doing? Where's the money going to?
To the moon
May 28, 2012
11218 posts
3419 upvotes
Saskatoon
Reported for being pointless