Expired Hot Deals

[Real Sports Apparel] Raptors Championship Gold Ball Limited Quantities

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 1st, 2019 8:46 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2009
1499 posts
235 upvotes
Toronto
Xecross wrote:
Jul 11th, 2019 2:26 pm
Just got my ball from NBA store. It does not have the series engraved on it.

Does anyone still have a photo of the NBA store webpage saying that it does? NBAstore has changed the product details. Going to try bringing it up to NBA store for my money back.
Yeah not like the ball was up on the store that long for them to correct the listing. Going to message them about the original description and see what they say.
Newbie
Dec 15, 2017
33 posts
4 upvotes
As per the original description from another thread, it said:

"This gold basketball commemorates the 2019 NBA Finals Champion Toronto Raptors. The ball will feature a Finals Champions trophy logo, the results of the playoff series, as well as the franchise history with the season record. It is officially licensed by the National Basketball Association. This is a limited edition of 2019."

Note, I have underlined what is missing on this ball.
Sr. Member
Nov 18, 2011
937 posts
575 upvotes
TORONTO
Xecross wrote:
Jul 11th, 2019 2:38 pm
As per the original description from another thread, it said:

"This gold basketball commemorates the 2019 NBA Finals Champion Toronto Raptors. The ball will feature a Finals Champions trophy logo, the results of the playoff series, as well as the franchise history with the season record. It is officially licensed by the National Basketball Association. This is a limited edition of 2019."

Note, I have underlined what is missing on this ball.
The original ball from NBA.ca doesn't have the highlighted part. I can confirm.
This feels bad.
Newbie
Dec 15, 2017
33 posts
4 upvotes
hansdoreen wrote:
Jul 11th, 2019 2:54 pm
The original ball from NBA.ca doesn't have the highlighted part. I can confirm.
I've put in a return request at this time
Member
User avatar
Mar 10, 2017
266 posts
238 upvotes
Bat Cave
Wow...this thread went positive to negative. Just reviewing and noticing that some are receiving a ball without series results and team record.. that's brutal. At the end of the day, its just a gold/yellow ball with the word "Toronto Raptors Champions" on it...yikes
My horn can pierce the sky
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 13, 2005
3589 posts
1472 upvotes
None of the golden balls will have the series results and team record on it. NBA store messed up. Get your refunds in now!!!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 10, 2007
2708 posts
305 upvotes
Xecross wrote:
Jul 11th, 2019 2:26 pm
Just got my ball from NBA store. It does not have the series engraved on it.

Does anyone still have a photo of the NBA store webpage saying that it does? NBAstore has changed the product details. Going to try bringing it up to NBA store for my money back.
Here you go.

Image
BlackJays wrote:
Mar 13th, 2010 6:02 pm
shame has been acheived
Newbie
Dec 15, 2017
33 posts
4 upvotes
navyseals wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 8:25 pm
Here you go.
Thanks! Requesting a return went smoothly as they're waiving the return shipping costs.

Quite disappointed by how this whole order process went as a whole though. Not sure I'll be ordering from them again in the future.
Sr. Member
Aug 11, 2017
507 posts
287 upvotes
Xecross wrote: Thanks! Requesting a return went smoothly as they're waiving the return shipping costs.

Quite disappointed by how this whole order process went as a whole though. Not sure I'll be ordering from them again in the future.
Unless raps win again next year of course
Newbie
Apr 1, 2018
34 posts
25 upvotes
It's currently showing up on Ontario Kijiji for $250, even $200 tops. I guess scalpers are realizing NBA is making more than what they should be making.

Is it worth keeping the ball if the balls don't have series results / team record on it? Part of me is wanting to cancel my order, which is expected to ship out July 26...
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2016
1347 posts
721 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Are the balls you guys just got in numbered at all? I know my bro bought one right after they won and it is numbered, they said only 2019 made? Maybe the original ones were limited but then they made many more that aren't?
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 30, 2013
19 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
Honestly the gold ball looks so nice with the case. Regardless, I still think its worth keeping without the records. You won't be reading or displaying in that angle anyways.
Images
  • IMG_20190715_161634.jpg
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2017
1377 posts
789 upvotes
Can you still pick up a ball with the records on it anywhere?
Newbie
Jul 15, 2019
8 posts
6 upvotes
Nirujan wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 1:25 pm
Honestly the gold ball looks so nice with the case. Regardless, I still think its worth keeping without the records. You won't be reading or displaying in that angle anyways.
Great looking case, where did you end up buying the case if you don't mind me asking?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 22, 2014
2995 posts
2681 upvotes
Mordor
did anyone get reimbursement for false description from nbastore? or did they say just return it and we'll pay for return shipping?

Top