Expired Hot Deals

[Real Sports Apparel] Raptors Championship Gold Ball Limited Quantities

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2019 3:26 am
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2006
2549 posts
474 upvotes
kobe360 wrote: I told them I never got part of the order. They gave me a refund for that part no questions asked. About $150. Don't ask if I actually got those items.... I'll leave that to the imagination...
So straight up fraud/theft?

People in this thread are ridiculous. The gold ball was never going to have the scores on it, that was the white panel ball. Red Flag Scams.
Nov 1, 2012
315 posts
158 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
DFS 360 wrote: So straight up fraud/theft?

People in this thread are ridiculous. The gold ball was never going to have the scores on it, that was the white panel ball. Red Flag Scams.
I really don't see how this is a scam? I literally ordered the ball right when this got released assuming the scores would be on it. How was I supposed to know that the two tone ball would only have the scores?

If anything the site scammed me by falsely advertising what would be on the gold ball.
Feb 18, 2012
757 posts
365 upvotes
Victoria
DFS 360 wrote: So straight up fraud/theft?

Lol, maybe know what you're talking about before commenting. The gold ball specifically said it would have the Raptors history and series scores. There's even a screenshot of the description on one of the 2 threads.
Feb 18, 2012
757 posts
365 upvotes
Victoria
MoneyHypeMike wrote: I received 20$ off, didn't argue as I wasn't expecting anything except a free return.

I left a big paragraph about my experience on nbastore.ca, will probably not order from there again unless it's the only place available.
Theres a screenshot in this thread where they offered somebody 50% off, i just copied that and told the live chat person that that was the precedent and they refunded me the 50% no problem.
Jul 7, 2009
645 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto
Was only able to get 20% off, better than nothing. Still happy with the ball TBH.
"I don't have time to explain why I don't have time to explain."
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2017
1018 posts
1482 upvotes
I got a response from the nba store offering me 30% off a future order. Went back to live chat and said I don't want a coupon for a future order as I don't intend on shopping there again. She told me that its the best they could do as the coupon code had already been generated. I said I would prefer the discount on my current order and asked her to escalate it as I would rather not have to deal with a return on the item.

She came back a few minutes later saying that her supervisor said we can offer the 30% off the current order. Make sure you push back if they refuse. $37.94 is my refund!
Feb 18, 2012
757 posts
365 upvotes
Victoria
Looks like NBAstore has been hit with a lot of refund requests so the staff has been instructed to try and get away with offering as little as possible. Such crap that they can offer anywhere from 20% off a future order to 50% off your current order.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8314 posts
4579 upvotes
ON
Horsey2345 wrote: Lol, maybe know what you're talking about before commenting. The gold ball specifically said it would have the Raptors history and series scores. There's even a screenshot of the description on one of the 2 threads.
Claiming you never got the items isn't the same as claiming you got an item not as described and return for a refund or get offered a full refund as a good gesture for the screw up.
But hey, let's not get hung up on "little" details eh...
Feb 18, 2012
757 posts
365 upvotes
Victoria
dilligafeh wrote: Claiming you never got the items isn't the same as claiming you got an item not as described and return for a refund or get offered a full refund as a good gesture for the screw up.
But hey, let's not get hung up on "little" details eh...
I was referring to this comment

“People in this thread are ridiculous. The gold ball was never going to have the scores on it, that was the white panel ball. Red Flag Scams.”
Last edited by Horsey2345 on Jul 23rd, 2019 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 3, 2010
146 posts
39 upvotes
Milton
Off topic but, does anyone else who ordered some t-shirts from the nbastore.ca find the "medium" actually fits like a large? I checked the size chart after and I should have technically ordered a 'small'... haven't been a small since i was a kid lol kind of cheesed.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8314 posts
4579 upvotes
ON
Horsey2345 wrote: I was referring to this comment you made

“People in this thread are ridiculous. The gold ball was never going to have the scores on it, that was the white panel ball. Red Flag Scams.”
I never made such a comment.
Dec 3, 2012
54 posts
17 upvotes
I suppose those that bought their golden champion basketball at real sports won't be able to get any further discounts due to the incorrect product description?
Dec 23, 2015
324 posts
983 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
cw1628 wrote: I suppose those that bought their golden champion basketball at real sports won't be able to get any further discounts due to the incorrect product description?
The product description was correct on real sports and wrong on nbastore (that may be the reason it was pulled from nbastore)

So no you won’t be able to request a discount for purchases from real sports
Jul 30, 2005
142 posts
13 upvotes
Scarborough
If anybody has a coupon they intend on not using for a future order, I would really appreciate it! Thanks!