• Last Updated:
  • Sep 1st, 2019 8:46 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2011
1755 posts
442 upvotes
freakyflow wrote:
Aug 8th, 2019 7:02 am
I’m in the same boat but I requested 50% off the ball or send me the prepaid shipping label for the case I already received if I decide to cancel. Awaiting their reply.

I would call back and escalate to get your prepaid shippping label - they shouldn’t put it on you to pay for return when they didn’t fulfill their end of the deal. Or worst maybe file a chargeback with the credit card and keep the case :)
My request was declined, and NBAStore wanted me to pay for return shipping.

After the chat ended, NBAStore cancelled my ball order immediately. Now I'm stuck with the case.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
7608 posts
3778 upvotes
ON
hopium wrote:
Aug 8th, 2019 9:23 am
I got a full refund for case and ball with a prepaid shipping label.I just dropped off at canada post where I had to pay $3 for tape to tape the box.It seems everyone has there own racket going
You were going to ship an open box ?
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2008
1340 posts
328 upvotes
Do we know if these “New” balls are still limited edition? I’ll definitely return if these new ones are going to be sold widely lol. I asked them this question via and awaiting their reply.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
7608 posts
3778 upvotes
ON
freakyflow wrote:
Aug 8th, 2019 10:10 am
Do we know if these “New” balls are still limited edition? I’ll definitely return if these new ones are going to be sold widely lol. I asked them this question via and awaiting their reply.
They don't have the word limited and they don't come numbered. Judging by those facts, I'd say they are limited to the amount of balls they want to produce and nothing else. Total ripoff considering folks ordered a completely different ball.
Feb 5, 2012
45 posts
53 upvotes
YippoHippo wrote:
Aug 8th, 2019 9:47 am

After the chat ended, NBAStore cancelled my ball order immediately. Now I'm stuck with the case.
Seems like a lot of us are in the same situation.. is there anything we can do about this? Kinda pointless to have the special case and no special ball...

Edit:
This is the response I received.. what a joke
Thank you for contacting Fan Services and Support at store.nba.com . Your business is very important to us.

I am truly sorry. Would you like to keep the item or cancel the order?

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you, and thank you again for contacting Fan Services and Support at store.nba.com . We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon.
Last edited by vwhtam on Aug 8th, 2019 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2008
1340 posts
328 upvotes
So this was the reply I got. Should I take it at 30% off? :/

Thank you for contacting Fan Services and Support at nbastore.ca. Your business is very important to us.

The basketball will not be the limited edition. Unfortunately, we can not honor 50% off. We can only honor 30% off. If not, you can return the item for a full refund. I am so sorry.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you, and thank you again for contacting Fan Services and Support at nbastore.ca. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Sincerely,
Feb 20, 2011
101 posts
32 upvotes
hopium wrote:
Aug 8th, 2019 5:21 am
I'm in exactly the same situation.Hopefully they will take a return on the case when I cancel the ball.I wonder where the limited edition balls went.
They will forsure give you free return on the case if you ask. They have to, if asked prior and that's the first suggestion they make as you baught the case for one reason, the golden basketball.
Feb 20, 2011
101 posts
32 upvotes
YippoHippo wrote:
Aug 8th, 2019 9:47 am

Honestly just keep escalating it and be more forceful. You shouldn't have to pay for their shady business practices and shitty production.
Feb 20, 2011
101 posts
32 upvotes
riseagainstthemachine wrote:
Aug 8th, 2019 2:22 pm
2019 balls was hardly "limited edition" to begin with....
Why even respond. That's hardly the point, A product should be fulfilled with original features as described. It's like buying a t shirt with your team's logo on it, and when it arrives it's a blank t shirt, would you still pay the premium of purchasing that specific item than a generic t shirt?
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2009
1221 posts
1066 upvotes
hopium wrote:
Aug 8th, 2019 9:23 am
I got a full refund for case and ball with a prepaid shipping label.I just dropped off at canada post where I had to pay $3 for tape to tape the box.It seems everyone has there own racket going
You don't own tape? You were going to ship it back in an open box? Peak RFD here.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2008
1340 posts
328 upvotes
wildlele wrote:
Aug 8th, 2019 3:24 pm
You don't own tape? You were going to ship it back in an open box? Peak RFD here.
On the side topic about tape, sometimes I bring my package in to CP and ask for tape. Only once did they deny me (at Shoppers) and I said.. “ummm...ok...” and proceeded to ask the Shoppers shelving staff beside me for tape and he had no problem going to the back room and grabbing one for me to use. :)
Sep 10, 2010
318 posts
41 upvotes
St Catharines
The post office employee at sdm told me that they stopped providing tape because they had used $500 worth in 2018.I offered to leave the roll I purchased(minus the 18" used) for anyone else that needed tape but was told that that it wasn't allowed.Obviously I wasn't the only person shipping an open box that wanted to make sure it would be tapped to po specifications and avoid suffering their wrath.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2009
1221 posts
1066 upvotes
hopium wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 9:09 am
The post office employee at sdm told me that they stopped providing tape because they had used $500 worth in 2018.I offered to leave the roll I purchased(minus the 18" used) for anyone else that needed tape but was told that that it wasn't allowed.Obviously I wasn't the only person shipping an open box that wanted to make sure it would be tapped to po specifications and avoid suffering their wrath.
I'd be interested in seeing a copy of the specifications. Are they written anywhere?

Still baffled you don't have tape at home either....
Oct 26, 2010
136 posts
57 upvotes
Scarborough
You guys can still get the gold ball from realsports. They still have them for sale.