• Last Updated:
  • Sep 1st, 2021 12:29 am
[OP]
Feb 9, 2009
550 posts
77 upvotes
N/A

Realtor fees to sell a Vancouver condo

I'm looking to sell our condo (~$800K) to buy another property ($1.2M) using the same agent. This is in Vancouver.

Can anyone share what realtor fees they paid to sell and also any discounts they negotiated by using the same agent to sell and buy?
10 replies
Feb 27, 2017
83 posts
114 upvotes
pkpower wrote: I'm looking to sell our condo (~$800K) to buy another property ($1.2M) using the same agent. This is in Vancouver.

Can anyone share what realtor fees they paid to sell and also any discounts they negotiated by using the same agent to sell and buy?
for the sell side you can find one that will list for 1%+ coop agent commission
for the buy side you can get up to 60% cashback
Gradatim Ferociter
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2020
1399 posts
987 upvotes
meetthemonster wrote: for the sell side you can find one that will list for 1%+ coop agent commission
for the buy side you can get up to 60% cashback
Which ones provide this?
Feb 27, 2017
83 posts
114 upvotes
berrytree wrote: Which ones provide this?
I know one, but I am sure there a few of those out there, if you want can send you contact info
Gradatim Ferociter
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2020
1399 posts
987 upvotes
meetthemonster wrote: I know one, but I am sure there a few of those out there, if you want can send you contact info
Yes please
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2020
1399 posts
987 upvotes
meetthemonster wrote: I know one, but I am sure there a few of those out there, if you want can send you contact info
Hey @meetthemonster

Thanks again

Can you confirm for me what the co-op agent commission part of this is?

Cheers
Feb 27, 2017
83 posts
114 upvotes
berrytree wrote: Hey @meetthemonster

Thanks again

Can you confirm for me what the co-op agent commission part of this is?

Cheers
Hey, I am not sure I completely understand your question, are you asking how much is co-op commission?
Gradatim Ferociter
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2020
1399 posts
987 upvotes
meetthemonster wrote: Hey, I am not sure I completely understand your question, are you asking how much is co-op commission?
Yes, what is the co-op commission even? Sorry, a real newbie as you can tell :)
Feb 27, 2017
83 posts
114 upvotes
berrytree wrote: Yes, what is the co-op commission even? Sorry, a real newbie as you can tell :)
no worries,
typically the seller would pay 7% on the first 100k and 2.5% on balance, from which 3.875% on the first $100k and 1.3375% on balance goes to listing agent and 3.125% on the first $100k and 1.1625% on the remaining total goes to cooperating agent(usually called buyer's agent).
all of these can be negotiated, but not a lot of agents are willing to negotiate
hope it helps
Gradatim Ferociter