RealtyTree.ca - Commission Cash Back

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 4th, 2017 1:05 pm
[OP]
Jan 5, 2011
623 posts
45 upvotes

RealtyTree.ca - Commission Cash Back

For those looking for a purchase of a new home, consider the new family founded realtor website - RealtyTree. Based on a pay it forward model, the realtor shares his commission with you on every listing that transacts through them. Great model founded by two brothers.

www.RealtyTree.ca

Cheers!
14 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 3, 2011
6193 posts
3376 upvotes
Thornhill
What is the realty tree ?

Is it a brokerage? There's no disclosure so that the consumer may know with whom they're dealing.

Are the brothers or any employees of the realty tree registered with RECO to trade in real estate? There's no disclosure so that the public may know with whom they're dealing.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2017
1157 posts
1212 upvotes
licenced wrote: What is the realty tree ?

Is it a brokerage? There's no disclosure so that the consumer may know with whom they're dealing.

Are the brothers or any employees of the realty tree registered with RECO to trade in real estate? There's no disclosure so that the public may know with whom they're dealing.
https://realtytree.ca/contact-us/

Realty Tree Team
Part of the Homelife Victory Team Realty Inc., Brokerage.

10909 Yonge Street
Suite #208
Richmond Hill, Ontario
L4C 3E3

905-830-1766 (Office)
905-737-7779 (Fax)
info@realtytree.ca
Oct 21, 2016
117 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto, On.
Seems legit. More of a platform for referrals which is not a bad idea! Interesting to see how it plays out.
Sales Representative, Right at Home Realty, Toronto.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 3, 2011
6193 posts
3376 upvotes
Thornhill
NotRobot wrote: https://realtytree.ca/contact-us/

Realty Tree Team
Part of the Homelife Victory Team Realty Inc., Brokerage.

10909 Yonge Street
Suite #208
Richmond Hill, Ontario
L4C 3E3

905-830-1766 (Office)
905-737-7779 (Fax)
info@realtytree.ca
I know you like to troll me.
  • Is the name of the brokerage shown as it is registered with RECO?
  • Is the name of the brokerage prominently displayed in the top area of every page of the website? Remember, at all times it must be clear that it is the brokerage advertising.
  • Does the designation “Brokerage” or “Real Estate Brokerage” clearly appear with the brokerage name?
  • Does the phrase “Independently Owned and Operated” clearly appear with the brokerage name? (Only applicable to franchises & licensees)
  • For individual registrants, does your name appear as registered with RECO?
  • For individual registrants, is your name clearly shown together with your designation (“Broker of Record”, “Real Estate Broker of Record”, “Broker”, “Real Estate Broker”, “Salesperson”, “Real Estate Salesperson”, “Sales Representative”, or “Real Estate Sales Representative”)?
http://www.reco.on.ca/publicdocs/RegBul ... cklist.pdf[/quote]

And that's just the required identification on a registrant's website. I haven't even mentioned the requirements to clarify the 'rebate' offered considering that among the advertised rebates within the advertised listings on the website, there are listings by my brokerage and others where it is not clear who is offering the rebate - the listing brokerage as in mine, or these people whomever they are and how that rebate is calculated.

I'm pro consumer, what about you?

Aside from that, what does, "part of the HomeLife/Victory team" mean exactly? an administrator, receptionist, spouse of someone who works there, a scammer?

The federal Competitions Act governing advertising and the provincial law governing Realtor websites are clear. So, as a consumer, you're either for proper disclosure so as to not find yourself at the wrong end of a scammer or you want to troll those like me who are for following the rules so that consumers can have more faith than currently exists that they're dealing with legitimate industry members.

Which is it?
Deal Addict
May 9, 2017
1157 posts
1212 upvotes
licenced wrote: I know you like to troll me.
  • Is the name of the brokerage shown as it is registered with RECO?
  • Is the name of the brokerage prominently displayed in the top area of every page of the website? Remember, at all times it must be clear that it is the brokerage advertising.
  • Does the designation “Brokerage” or “Real Estate Brokerage” clearly appear with the brokerage name?
  • Does the phrase “Independently Owned and Operated” clearly appear with the brokerage name? (Only applicable to franchises & licensees)
  • For individual registrants, does your name appear as registered with RECO?
  • For individual registrants, is your name clearly shown together with your designation (“Broker of Record”, “Real Estate Broker of Record”, “Broker”, “Real Estate Broker”, “Salesperson”, “Real Estate Salesperson”, “Sales Representative”, or “Real Estate Sales Representative”)?
http://www.reco.on.ca/publicdocs/RegBul ... cklist.pdf

And that's just the required identification on a registrant's website. I haven't even mentioned the requirements to clarify the 'rebate' offered considering that among the advertised rebates within the advertised listings on the website, there are listings by my brokerage and others where it is not clear who is offering the rebate - the listing brokerage as in mine, or these people whomever they are and how that rebate is calculated.

I'm pro consumer, what about you?

Aside from that, what does, "part of the HomeLife/Victory team" mean exactly? an administrator, receptionist, spouse of someone who works there, a scammer?

The federal Competitions Act governing advertising and the provincial law governing Realtor websites are clear. So, as a consumer, you're either for proper disclosure so as to not find yourself at the wrong end of a scammer or you want to troll those like me who are for following the rules so that consumers can have more faith than currently exists that they're dealing with legitimate industry members.

Which is it?
Wasn't trolling. Just thought you may have missed that page. I guess it doesn't answer your question.
Oct 30, 2017
1 posts
Thank you for the valid feedback and will ensure all advertising guidelines are corrected within the next week or so. Please continue to provide feedback as we take all feedback into consideration. Our top priority is providing excellent, personalized service for each of our clients.

-RealtyTree Team
Deal Fanatic
Jul 3, 2011
6193 posts
3376 upvotes
Thornhill
NotRobot wrote: Wasn't trolling. Just thought you may have missed that page. I guess it doesn't answer your question.
No it doesn't answer the requirement imposed upon RECO registrants.

RECO is there for the protection of the consumer and not the real estate industry.

I'd like to see everyone within the industry actually acknowledge that they know the rules, regulations and guidelines they all agreed to adhere to which at least says even unknowingly to the consumer that they're aware of what is required of them. I think we can agree that a more knowledgeable industry is better for consumers and will curtail the complaints that we are know-nothings with minimal education.

It's an uphill battle when you have another detractor who refers to the post's offer " seems legit...a platform for referrals.." when that same person ought to know that referral payments of any sort must be between registered brokerages/realtors.
Oct 21, 2016
117 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto, On.
He's not wrong. The ad is NOT in compliance with what they're advertising. In fact, it's a strict violation of almost all RECO is trying to do to protect consumers.

Someone will have to file a complaint before anything gets resolved since agents really only police other agents.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 3, 2011
6193 posts
3376 upvotes
Thornhill
Realtor1981 wrote: He's not wrong. The ad is NOT in compliance with what they're advertising. In fact, it's a strict violation of almost all RECO is trying to do to protect consumers.

Someone will have to file a complaint before anything gets resolved since agents really only police other agents.
You're right, I'm not wrong.

Your use of Realtor in your user name is also a violation.

RECO's courses spend an inordinate amount of time drumming into every registrant the industry's rules, far more than on consumer protection rules or real estate law, so what does it say for the industry when even their own rules aren't followed?
Oct 21, 2016
117 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto, On.
licenced wrote: You're right, I'm not wrong.

Your use of Realtor in your user name is also a violation.

RECO's courses spend an inordinate amount of time drumming into every registrant the industry's rules, far more than on consumer protection rules or real estate law, so what does it say for the industry when even their own rules aren't followed?
Why you angry fam? Chill. The industry is trying to tighten up. Yeh yeh, I need trademark. Jesus man - this is just RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 3, 2011
6193 posts
3376 upvotes
Thornhill
Realtor1981 wrote: Why you angry fam? Chill. The industry is trying to tighten up. Yeh yeh, I need trademark. Jesus man - this is just RFD!
You need to grow up and get past that adolescent talk.

You're an adult, a Realtor, a business person.

Start acting like an adult, a Realtor, a business person!
Feb 5, 2017
129 posts
98 upvotes
g3lo wrote: For those looking for a purchase of a new home, consider the new family founded realtor website - RealtyTree. Based on a pay it forward model, the realtor shares his commission with you on every listing that transacts through them. Great model founded by two brothers.

www.RealtyTree.ca

Cheers!
There is no mention of rates on their website... it's just a basic website to generate leads.
Oct 21, 2016
117 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto, On.
licenced wrote: You need to grow up and get past that adolescent talk.

You're an adult, a Realtor, a business person.

Start acting like an adult, a Realtor, a business person!
Your use of Realtor in your quote is a violation. (that's what it feels like talking to you).Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2007
1007 posts
351 upvotes
Mississauga
Realtor1981 wrote: He's not wrong. The ad is NOT in compliance with what they're advertising. In fact, it's a strict violation of almost all RECO is trying to do to protect consumers.

Realtor1981 wrote: Why you angry fam? Chill. The industry is trying to tighten up. Yeh yeh, I need trademark. Jesus man - this is just RFD!
Realtor1981 wrote: Your use of Realtor in your quote is a violation. (that's what it feels like talking to you).Face With Tears Of Joy
Ya, man. When my competitors break the rules, they should go to jail. When I break the rules, you should lighten up.

He's right, though. It doesn't matter what we think. It matters what RECO thinks. Let's file a complaint, and if he's playing by the rules there's no problem, right?