Home & Garden

A reason to go for the Kobalt 40v system (in the US)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 15th, 2020 11:24 pm
[OP]
Jan 29, 2004
252 posts
204 upvotes

A reason to go for the Kobalt 40v system (in the US)

I've been building my collection of outdoor and power tools in recent years. Generally I avoided the Kobalt sales, but this makes me reconsider that decision https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-Riding-Toys/5000648075.

Seems like it's only available in the US though.
3 replies
Jan 3, 2008
976 posts
267 upvotes
W.GTA
So you can ride on it. Face With Tears Of Joy
Koodo/Public Mobile
Oct 2, 2018
509 posts
373 upvotes
Toronto
Pretty sweet for a little one at the park, back yard or cottage.

Please dont do the road thing, someone down the street does that and it is super dangerous. Even on a crescent traffic comes round quickly at times, just driving to and from the entrance to the park is worrisome imho. Your kids life is more important than a moment of fun.
Oct 26, 2003
195 posts
187 upvotes
Caledon
Nice! This can be done really to any sort of power wheels assuming you have one all you need is a step down DC-DC converter and any brand cordless tool if you have a broken dewalt drill etc or 3D printer just remove the battery connect or print your own >> step down Voltage 20vdc to 12vdc and away you go! As the majority of these things the gas pedal is just an on off switch some people do run the the dc motors @18v with that said they will get hotter faster and thin wires may not be able to handle current well, step down converter is your safest and best bet to use any lipo tool battery Just need to know electronic basics to accomplish this but is possible to do yourself :)