PC & Video Games

This is the reason why I love ARMA 3 Online so much - mods that actually makes a difference

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2017 2:01 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2014
1868 posts
517 upvotes
Toronto, ON

This is the reason why I love ARMA 3 Online so much - mods that actually makes a difference

I've been playing Arma3 since the days of Operation Flashpoint. Instantly fell in love with the game, the realism and campaign. Its a "thinking" game that doesn't promote run and gun. Online play is where this game truly excels and team work and cooperation is all what makes this game very enjoyable. On the various servers, many admins are current or former military members and they take the issue of "respect" very seriously:

https://naksquad.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=373
For example, this guy is trying to appeal his ban for spewing racist words and below is the response from the admin:

Player Appeal:
Lately I have frequently enjoyed the NAK servers amongst the others available for online co-op. Recently, I had made a remark that I can't take back, but I would like to reflect on it to show you guys that is not who I really am as a person. I was playing on the server(Altis) and I was working towards the objective until I was teamkilled by another player by the name of "francis". I have alot of fun playing this game so I can get emotional when it comes to interacting with other players. once I was shot and killed by him I typed into the side chat "Francis!" "N*IGGA" to express my frustration with him. Although that remark is purely on me to say such a thing, I had no abusive intent when I said it to him and I just want to reflect on the consequences of my actions. I know you guys sound very strict on this topic but I hope I can have another chance to play amongst you and show you thats not who I am.

Admin Response:

True racism expresses itself when one is in an emotional state. Trying to circumvent the restricted word filters by placing another character in the word implies that it was known that using that word is not acceptable. Racism is our #1 rule and was placed that way intentionally because of its severity. Not only did you think about the word, but you took the time to type it out in anger as a negative attack against another player's action.

It should also be noted that this is the 2nd instance in the past 10 days (7 of which was during a ban and had no ability to break another rule on the game servers) where an action that you took resulted in administrative action resulting in a ban. In other words, 3 days out from getting a previous ban cleared, this happens.

I appreciate you taking the correct steps in requesting the ban be lifted and explaining yourself, but unfortunately I will not be reversing this ban.
Mining & Workstation EPYC 7702 64 Core & Dual 3950x Rigs | ASUS STRIX RTX 3090 OC | 3X NEC PA301W | 64GB DDR4 ECC |5 TB Samsung NVMe Storage
2 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2008
1839 posts
486 upvotes
toronto
filthy roleplayers
think first, buy later.
Banned
Nov 27, 2006
2200 posts
444 upvotes
Toronto
I don't get why this deserves a post.
way to many butt hurt people nowadays about every little thing.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)