Computers & Electronics

Reasonable asking price for this PC

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2020 6:54 pm
[OP]
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jun 4, 2018
169 posts
99 upvotes
Windsor/Essex Ontari…

Reasonable asking price for this PC

Hello, I'm looking to sell this custom built PC and am trying to determine a fair asking price.

How much could I reasonably expect someone to pay for the following system:

Assembled Dec 2018. Absolutely rock solid with zero issues. Functions perfectly.

------------------------------------------------
GIGABYTE B360M DS3H Intel B360 Motherboard
------------------------------------------------
Intel Core i3-8100 3.60 GHz "Coffee Lake" CPU
(4 cores + 4 threads + 6 MB SmartCache)
------------------------------------------------
16GB DDR4 2400MHz PATRIOT RAM
------------------------------------------------
250GB M.2 SSD - WD Blue
------------------------------------------------
1TB 7200 RPM HDD - WD Blue WD10EZEX
------------------------------------------------
EVGA 450W Power Supply
------------------------------------------------
RAIJINTEK AENEAS Mid Tower Case
------------------------------------------------
Windows 10 Professional
11 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
3059 posts
668 upvotes
$300-400 would be how much I'd price it at. If you want to sell it quick below $300 for sure
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
6782 posts
1147 upvotes
Toronto
treefiddy is my guess.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
Member
Mar 26, 2008
406 posts
130 upvotes
assuming kijiji, 300$. you are competing with another hundred people wanting to sell their desktop, which aren't as in demand as laptops.
[OP]
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jun 4, 2018
169 posts
99 upvotes
Windsor/Essex Ontari…
danron1376 wrote: assuming kijiji, 300$. you are competing with another hundred people wanting to sell their desktop, which aren't as in demand as laptops.
In Windsor? No I'm definitely not competing with 100 others selling an 8th generation custom Intel pc.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
5750 posts
1308 upvotes
Markham
thexdriver wrote: In Windsor? No I'm definitely not competing with 100 others selling an 8th generation custom Intel pc.
But buyer's base is also hundred times smaller
[OP]
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jun 4, 2018
169 posts
99 upvotes
Windsor/Essex Ontari…
smartie wrote: But buyer's base is also hundred times smaller
100 times smaller than what? Tokyo Japan? Yes, absolutely.

The person that said I would be competing with a hundred sellers locally is still incorrect.
Member
Mar 26, 2008
406 posts
130 upvotes
thexdriver wrote: In Windsor? No I'm definitely not competing with 100 others selling an 8th generation custom Intel pc.
the 100 is definitely exaggerated (I thought your region had more people). the point is that you will have competition. your potential market isn't people just wanting an 8th gen pc, but something that is 'newish' that may be faster or slower and depending on price. so you are competing with people trying to unload desktops that might not be exactly the same as yours. and some may have some interest but be more interested in a Mac with lesser specs. I guess the best strategy would be to look for computers with similar specs and then price your pc lower as the price of those computers aren't low enough to be sold (and keeping in mind people usually lowball or offer less). there's an i3 7100 with 8gb of ram and a 250ssd for 300$ that isn't sold for comparison.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 25, 2012
1421 posts
644 upvotes
Kelowna
thexdriver wrote: Hello, I'm looking to sell this custom built PC and am trying to determine a fair asking price.

How much could I reasonably expect someone to pay for the following system:

Assembled Dec 2018. Absolutely rock solid with zero issues. Functions perfectly.

------------------------------------------------
GIGABYTE B360M DS3H Intel B360 Motherboard
------------------------------------------------
Intel Core i3-8100 3.60 GHz "Coffee Lake" CPU
(4 cores + 4 threads + 6 MB SmartCache)
------------------------------------------------
16GB DDR4 2400MHz PATRIOT RAM
------------------------------------------------
250GB M.2 SSD - WD Blue
------------------------------------------------
1TB 7200 RPM HDD - WD Blue WD10EZEX
------------------------------------------------
EVGA 450W Power Supply
------------------------------------------------
RAIJINTEK AENEAS Mid Tower Case
------------------------------------------------
Windows 10 Professional
Don't ascribe too much value to Windows 10 Professional versus Window 10 Home, more than the $10-30 OEM grey market license cost. It's a desktop, no monitor. I wouldn't say $400. If it had a monitor, then $400 would be fine. Its biggest selling points are the SSD and the RAM, but RAM is usually pretty cheap, as I understand it. I'd say: $300 obo is fair. $225 would be fair as well; anything less would be a steal.

Cheers,
Doug
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 11, 2004
9413 posts
619 upvotes
Toronto
I'd buy it for 225 if you were in Toronto.
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
1530 posts
518 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
thexdriver wrote: Hello, I'm looking to sell this custom built PC and am trying to determine a fair asking price.

How much could I reasonably expect someone to pay for the following system:

Assembled Dec 2018. Absolutely rock solid with zero issues. Functions perfectly.

------------------------------------------------
GIGABYTE B360M DS3H Intel B360 Motherboard
------------------------------------------------
Intel Core i3-8100 3.60 GHz "Coffee Lake" CPU
(4 cores + 4 threads + 6 MB SmartCache)
------------------------------------------------
16GB DDR4 2400MHz PATRIOT RAM
------------------------------------------------
250GB M.2 SSD - WD Blue
------------------------------------------------
1TB 7200 RPM HDD - WD Blue WD10EZEX
------------------------------------------------
EVGA 450W Power Supply
------------------------------------------------
RAIJINTEK AENEAS Mid Tower Case
------------------------------------------------
Windows 10 Professional

It looks like about $200 is the going rate for this type of system on kijiji in Hamilton. Although, if someone needs exactly what you are selling they will pay more. The parts might be worth more than the whole...

Top