164 upvotes
Alberta

Rec Room 3hrs of play for $35 - Alberta Only

Price:
Expiry:
September 20, 2020
Retailer:
The Rec Room
Good deal if you go to The Rec Room. You can get a single tag and share it amongst friends/family.

Terms:
* From August 21 - September 20, 2020 between Friday to Sunday, purchase a $35 game tag with 3 hours of continuous game play and 1000 redemption points (Or 1300 redemption points for SCENE members - membership card required). Additional redemption points will not be issued with use of the game card . Game tag cost will be included and will receive 10 game credits. Game tag must be used on date of purchase. 3 hour time play starts once tapped on first game. Not valid on merchandiser games. Valid at Alberta locations of The Rec Room. No substitutions. Not valid in conjunction with any other discount, offer or group booking. Offer is subject to change or expiry without notice.  Offer may only be redeemed once per person. Additional restrictions may apply.
Images
  • Screenshot_20200826-151442_Gmail.jpg
12 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2013
1714 posts
540 upvotes
Toronto
That's awesome would go if Toronto had the deal
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2979 posts
3632 upvotes
I’ve never been there before. What’s the usual price for 3 hours?
Is this some adult Chuck E. Cheese?
Koodo, Fido, Telus, Public Mobile, Virgin customer.
Dec 24, 2010
447 posts
203 upvotes
Been to the Toronto one for corporate events. Find it hard to kill more than 1 hour on the arcade games.

Great for drinks and sports though.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2007
1316 posts
1171 upvotes
Seems like a pretty good deal if covid numbers weren't on the rise
Nov 20, 2012
186 posts
62 upvotes
CALGARY
Can you drink and play at same time? Or do we have to wear masks the whole time?
[OP]
Apr 22, 2020
149 posts
164 upvotes
Alberta
NavieM wrote: I’ve never been there before. What’s the usual price for 3 hours?
Is this some adult Chuck E. Cheese?
It really depends. I went about a month ago when visiting edmonton and we burned through about $40 of credits in an hour but that was for 3 people sharing a single tag. The more people you go with the better deal I see this being.
thehabs25 wrote: Can you drink and play at same time? Or do we have to wear masks the whole time?
Yes masks are required but they didn't seem super fussy about it. If you've got a drink and take a few sips while playing games they dont seem to mind. That said, depends on the location and staff.
Jul 3, 2016
253 posts
193 upvotes
Talking about WEM from like late 2019, I dont think it’s worth it. But then again anytime I go there with friends we just end playing some pool and rod hockey then leave. Probably even less worth it since you need to wear a mask indoors in Calgary and Edmonton
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
1003 posts
355 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
Touching common joysticks and buttons doesn't seem like a great idea right now...
Beware the RFD Effect
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
21120 posts
23317 upvotes
Toronto
sooksook wrote: Touching common joysticks and buttons doesn't seem like a great idea right now...
some bingo halls reopened here in Ontario some time back. while they don't have bingo they do have slot machines. attendants wipe down each machine after a patron leaves. they also wipe down the ATM between customer use.

https://deltabingo.com/

it'd be good if Rec Room did that but I doubt they will , can anybody confirm?
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
[OP]
Apr 22, 2020
149 posts
164 upvotes
Alberta
sprung wrote:
it'd be good if Rec Room did that but I doubt they will , can anybody confirm?
They have multiple stations with sanitizer wipes and they tell you to wipe down the machine before and after use (Its not enforced though).
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
21120 posts
23317 upvotes
Toronto
ends this weekend
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.