Computers & Electronics

RECALL:HP Pavilion DV2000, DV6000, DV9000, Compaq Presario v3000, v6000 Series Laptop

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 30th, 2014 12:00 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Sep 4, 2009
6575 posts
718 upvotes
Dundrumgal wrote: I have an HP laptop, the HP Entertainment PC, DV9000, as they call it, which I purchased in 2005/06 and it has been returned to HP several time for repairs. It "died" on me a couple of months ago and after taking it in to be repaired several times, I was told yesterday that this model had been recalled and that there were "CLASS ACTION SUITS" because the Nvideo chip melted, as was the case with mine and that it could not be repaired.

This is the first I have heard of this "recall"!!!! My computer was registered with HP...why was I not notified when this recall occurred. Apparently the "class action" lawsuits have expired and I'm out $1200.00+ for a computer I bought from Best Buy Canada and was told to throw it in the garbage!!!

Doesn't sound right to me that HP can get away without contacting purchasers about a fault in their equipment!!!!

Thanks for listening!!!!!

If you want someone to blame, then blame nvidia. HP has a responsibility to fix it, then pass on the cost to Nvida in the ideal world.

In particular, it is that **** CEO named Jen-Hsun Huang of Nvidia who is at fault. He directed the company to avoid paying for this design ****up. And tried very hard to cover their tracks. I hope he and his family crashes off a cliff for hurting and inconveniencing so many people.
Jul 28, 2014
1 posts
I have not even had my comp for a year and it quit working on me Sunday. I took to a very good repair person and the just informed me that my video clip on my motherboard is fried and can't b fixed. I no longer have my receipt so what do I do about this problem. It needs to b fixed asap. Contact me via email. tin an Jensen shot mail.com. thanks