Tags:
None
[OP]
Jul 11, 2003
665 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto

Receiving your online order...

I was at FS the other day and noticed that everything I ordered was in stock, however I had already ordered everything online so I decided to wait. How long do you think it'll take to receive the orders from FS.ca?

I may have to purchase an item in store and return the one I ordered online if it takes too long.
36 replies
Sep 9, 2003
770 posts
86 upvotes
Calgary
With it being Christmas I will be highly surprised to see orders ship this week.
My two confirmation numbers for items I ordered the night the FS sale started were almost 10000 apart and only ordered 17 minutes apart, that is one hell of a lot of orders to fill and ship. I believe they had a disclaimer when you ordered that said to expect early January for most items and mid-January for anything that said it was a 'special order' on the confirmation screen.
Signs you're a postwhore:
1) You say "I got that cheaper", but don't say where, or when.
2) Your post contains less than 5 words.
3) Your post contains more than 5 words, but none of them are about the topic of the thread.
Nov 13, 2003
765 posts
21 upvotes
Montreal
Some of my orders from both FS and BB that were placed early Saturday morning as well as Saturday afternoon have now shipped including providing me with the tracking numbers. Based on this I expect those items to show up Tuesday morning.
Nov 27, 2004
105 posts
7 upvotes
I ordered on Sunday morning and already got a tracking number for my order. This is my first online purchase :o ,... hopefully it goes smoothly.
Feb 4, 2004
256 posts
23 upvotes
I as well have already gotten a tracking number for my order that was placed 2 min after midnight once the sale started. When i ordered it i hit the shipping estimate button and it said delivery today. How likely is it that it will be delivered today? I tried entering the tracking number and it tells me to phone? Anyone else get this and anyone phone yet?

EDIT: Just took a look at the purolator website and noticed that it says they are closed until wednesday. Does that mean they arnt delivering until then as well?

I just need to know what day to be home for delivery.
Mox

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, its not whether you win or lose, its how drunk you get."
H. Simpson

My Ebay Rating
Deal Fanatic
Mar 29, 2002
5101 posts
1585 upvotes
Vancouver
I live in BC and Futureshop home base is here and my order is still processing? I think they shipping is screwed up
Sep 9, 2003
770 posts
86 upvotes
Calgary
Well then, I stand corrected :D
That is one bloody efficient warehouse they have.
Signs you're a postwhore:
1) You say "I got that cheaper", but don't say where, or when.
2) Your post contains less than 5 words.
3) Your post contains more than 5 words, but none of them are about the topic of the thread.
Nov 13, 2003
765 posts
21 upvotes
Montreal
I guess that Purolator holiday schedule might delay things further. Thanks for pointing that out.
Sep 27, 2004
861 posts
179 upvotes
bodobodo wrote:Some of my orders from both FS and BB that were placed early Saturday morning as well as Saturday afternoon have now shipped including providing me with the tracking numbers. Based on this I expect those items to show up Tuesday morning.
Canada Post is shut down until Wednesday. I'm not sure about the other courier services...

EDIT: My first order from BB has shipped as well, placed very late Friday evening.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
5728 posts
184 upvotes
Toronto
1 order and I'm still waiting for it to ship.

Confirmation Dec 25 12:06 a.m.

I walk into BB on Boxing day and the 2 things I bought online were both instock!

Pioneer 1014tx .... wh didn't more people hop on this deal?? It's a debadged ELITE unit!

Far Cry .... heard great things about this game!

Brent

Why doesn't BB in Canada offer instore pickup like the U.S. sotres?? it would be much easier.
--------------------------------------------------------------

"Any more irrelevant comments to pull out of your ***** ?"
"Your comments seem to be r ectal plucks." Pete_Coach

HEATWARE.... if you bought from me ... thanks
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2004
4262 posts
49 upvotes
I checked my order at the bestbuy website, and one of them actually said "shipped" and I was like...wtf...I didn't recieve anything!

So I phoned Purolator Canada just now, and the guy said, even though bestbuy or futureshop might appear that it says "shipped" its completely wrong, we have yet to even go pick up the merchandise from those stores, because of the holidays. He said they were closed tommorrow and predicted that i would be getting my order by the end of this week, Thursday at the earliest.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
4691 posts
811 upvotes
SK
Wildfire wrote:I checked my order at the bestbuy website, and one of them actually said "shipped" and I was like...wtf...I didn't recieve anything!

So I phoned Purolator Canada just now, and the guy said, even though bestbuy or futureshop might appear that it says "shipped" its completely wrong, we have yet to even go pick up the merchandise from those stores, because of the holidays. He said they were closed tommorrow and predicted that i would be getting my order by the end of this week, Thursday at the earliest.
I was wondering the same thing, I got a tracking number but it's not valid on the Purolator site. I found this on their site stating that they are on Holidays till Wednesday.
http://www.purolator.com/pdf/holiday_04.pdf
Nov 13, 2003
765 posts
21 upvotes
Montreal
Something tells me that after Purolator deals with the Boxing Day backlog they will be ready for another vacation.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
4691 posts
811 upvotes
SK
bodobodo wrote:Something tells me that after Purolator deals with the Boxing Day backlog they will be ready for another vacation.
They are taking January 3rd off.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2002
1633 posts
1025 upvotes
shopper-X wrote:They are taking January 3rd off.
You sure can tell that they are part of a CROWN CRAPERATION !

from their website wrote: 1993 - Canada Post Corporation
On Dec. 1, 1993, Canada Post Corporation purchased a 75% interest in Purolator. In January 1999, Canada Post Corporation purchased an additional interest in Purolator from Onex, increasing its ownership in Purolator to 95.81%. Today, Canada Post Corporation owns 94% of Purolator.
What dancing banana ?
Sep 27, 2004
861 posts
179 upvotes
Wildfire wrote:I checked my order at the bestbuy website, and one of them actually said "shipped" and I was like...wtf...I didn't recieve anything!

Shipped just means that the items are in the boxes waiting at the door for Purolator to pick them up. Best Buy's duty is basically done at that point.

They can already provide you with the tracking number because everything is already labelled, etc. It's in Purolators hands at that point. I don't see this as "completley wrong" at all.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2004
3812 posts
355 upvotes
Toronto
Had a weird experience, I purchased online from Best Buy on boxing day and on x-mas day. My order stayed in processing for 3 days until they emailed me saying that they could not process my order and that I would need to call customer care to confirm my shipping address. Nothing happend when I called and the rep didn't know what was wrong with the order so she put me on hold and came back to tell me that someone would call me to confirm my shipping address. They called and I confirmed the address, I dunno what was wrong with my info, everything matched. I got an email 20 minutes after and finally got a confirmation that the order has been confirmed and is in process of shipping. I'm just wondering why they needed me to call them.
Oct 2, 2003
555 posts
Scarborough, ON
Geologic wrote:Had a weird experience, I purchased online from Best Buy on boxing day and on x-mas day. My order stayed in processing for 3 days until they emailed me saying that they could not process my order and that I would need to call customer care to confirm my shipping address. Nothing happend when I called and the rep didn't know what was wrong with the order so she put me on hold and came back to tell me that someone would call me to confirm my shipping address. They called and I confirmed the address, I dunno what was wrong with my info, everything matched. I got an email 20 minutes after and finally got a confirmation that the order has been confirmed and is in process of shipping. I'm just wondering why they needed me to call them.
It is mostly happen when your billing address is different than the shipping address base on my experience.
----------------(;゚∀゚)...I am not Anime Otoko,---------------
Now Watching: Naruto, Accel World, Fate/Zero, Gundam Age,
Hyouka, Natsuiro Kiseki, Nazo no Kanojo X, Acchi Kocchi, Sankarea,
Kore wa zombie desuka of the Dead, ZETMAN, Sket Dance & more...

----------------I am RFD Otoko......\(^o^)/--------------------
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
3112 posts
202 upvotes
on large orders over $300 I believe they need to call and confirm your order. Its standerd.