• Dec 21st, 2020 5:44 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Oct 17, 2009
395 posts
387 upvotes

Recent psu prices

Looking for a decent PSU 650w+

Can I still get a gold for around 80 bucks on sale? The reg priced seem to be pretty high compared to a few years ago...
7 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
2812 posts
2101 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
ballabones wrote: Looking for a decent PSU 650w+

Can I still get a gold for around 80 bucks on sale? The reg priced seem to be pretty high compared to a few years ago...
The regular price for cable TV seems to be pretty high compared to a few years ago.
The regular price for Mars bars seems to be pretty high compared to a few years ago.
The regular price for concert tickets seems to be pretty high compared to a few years ago.

You can't compare to prices 'a few years ago'. There's this thing called 'inflation'.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
5699 posts
2262 upvotes
Debtario
Prices have gone up and the deals are few and far between. Got a Antec EAG 650W Gold unit (rebranded seasonic focus) for $100 earlier this summer for reference.

Last good unit on sale was this: amazon-ca-xpg-core-reactor-750w-fully-m ... 9-2428276/
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2630 posts
1366 upvotes
London
M1K3Z0R wrote: Prices have gone up and the deals are few and far between. Got a Antec EAG 650W Gold unit (rebranded seasonic focus) for $100 earlier this summer for reference.

Last good unit on sale was this: amazon-ca-xpg-core-reactor-750w-fully-m ... 9-2428276/
never buy antec anymore there c/s has gone out the window if u ever need help good luck. they ignore emails and there phone numbers all say there disconnected one guy on there forum said the approved everything he mailed the psu in to them and then never heard back and he couldn't get a hold of them. i had to file a bbb complaint just to get a part for one of there cases. not worth the hassle pay the extra and get a seasnoic, corsiar or evga.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
5699 posts
2262 upvotes
Debtario
aaron158 wrote: never buy antec anymore there c/s has gone out the window if u ever need help good luck. they ignore emails and there phone numbers all say there disconnected one guy on there forum said the approved everything he mailed the psu in to them and then never heard back and he couldn't get a hold of them. i had to file a bbb complaint just to get a part for one of there cases. not worth the hassle pay the extra and get a seasnoic, corsiar or evga.
Good to know. I was actually surprised antec is still around, remember them from the old days (cases, fans, and the earthwatts PSUs), thought they went under like Zalman et. al.

Corsair RMx series was over $50 more for similar wattage at the time, but I needed a power supply and being a rebranded seasonic I bit the bullet.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2630 posts
1366 upvotes
London
M1K3Z0R wrote: Good to know. I was actually surprised antec is still around, remember them from the old days (cases, fans, and the earthwatts PSUs), thought they went under like Zalman et. al.

Corsair RMx series was over $50 more for similar wattage at the time, but I needed a power supply and being a rebranded seasonic I bit the bullet.
ya back in the day they were like the go to for high quality cases and psu but now not so much other companies have all passed them in quality.

Zalman is still around to but just another one of those companies who was popular back when having anything but a stock cooler was uncommon now everyone is into having a fancy cooler so other companies surpassed them.
Dec 16, 2020
9 posts
5 upvotes
Everyone is at home and wants to spend money to play games. The sad thing is a lot of the people probably wasting their stimulus checks on things and not saving.