• Nov 3rd, 2019 12:52 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2013
2477 posts
3742 upvotes
Red Deer, AB

Recession NOT coming in 2019/2020

This is a sarcastic post to counter-balance the weirdness that is going on in this thread: https://forums.redflagdeals.com/recessi ... 2-2228844/

First off, no one know when the recession will be happening and how long it will last. Therefore, I will now claim that there is no recession coming. Please invest as early and as often as possible, and wait about 3 decades and enjoy your fruits of labour.

Flame away!
Be Balanced. Be Diversified. Stay Invested.
35 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
4544 posts
4828 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I’ll only believe you if your brother in law told you so!
Keep calm and go long
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5763 posts
2988 upvotes
Winnipeg
so it will come in 2021
Zoomer Wireless | Public Mobile | Simplii | Tangerine | CIBC
Banned
Jan 23, 2016
1430 posts
408 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
TileMan001 wrote: no recession, depression :)
This. The debt levels are worse this time.
Sig abuse is not permitted on RFD - Mods
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2018
1017 posts
753 upvotes
Toronto
Sparky9087 wrote: This. The debt levels are worse this time.
damn that comma!
The Distracted Investor

Dividends through quality companies 😃 Though I usually lose money with trades :facepalm:
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2463 posts
1385 upvotes
Long-haul airfares are often a pretty good indicator of where the global economy is going.

And they appear to be collapsing right now. Can book a roundtrip New York to Singapore in Premium Economy for $1100 USD$. On a flight that goes 20-21 hours.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
55356 posts
20204 upvotes
Hasn't drop for YYZ to the Far East for my daughter though. :(
Deal Fanatic
Mar 24, 2008
6208 posts
2608 upvotes
Toronto
My brother in law supports OPs theory that there is indeed no recession coming this year, he is not a 100% sure about 2020 though. He is a very smart guy and he is a 100% invested right now. :lol:
TFSA: XAW | RRSP: AOR | Non-reg: XUU + GICs
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2014
3963 posts
4716 upvotes
Toronto, ON
5. We rarely fall off a cliff.

People often change their habits in the face of a looming catastrophe. But for that behavioral change to occur, the catastrophe must be salient, the outcome certain, and the solution simple.
10 Rules for Forecasting
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2013
2477 posts
3742 upvotes
Red Deer, AB
Recession still not coming for 2019/2020.

Oh recession, where art thou?
Be Balanced. Be Diversified. Stay Invested.
Oct 21, 2016
945 posts
717 upvotes
TuxedoBlack wrote: Recession still not coming for 2019/2020.

Is everyone feeling good and confident because the market is soaring right now ? So naturally this thread comes out . As soon as we get another dip there will be doom and gloom posts regarding whether to go all cash, selling everything and waiting for the imminent recession to buy again . You can tell by the tone of the posts when market is doing well and when it is not. I wish people stay even keeled, yet we have posters who tend to get too high (currently ) or too low (dips)..
Last edited by Shaun80 on Oct 30th, 2019 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2014
5207 posts
6760 upvotes
Rankin Inlet, NU
Shaun80 wrote: Is everyone feeling good and confident because the market is soaring right now ? So naturally this thread comes out . As soon as we get another dip there will be doom and gloom posts regarding whether to go go all cash, selling everything and waiting for the imminent recessiont to buy again . You can tell by the tone of the posts when market is doing well and when it is not. I wish people stay even keeled, yet we have posters who tend to get too high (currently ) or too low (dips)..
You've completely missed the joke :facepalm:
Support your local Credit Union!

Sask Pension Plan Upto $7000/yr in Credit Card spending on RRSP contributions
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/sask-pen ... ns-2167222
Oct 17, 2008
750 posts
309 upvotes
Earth
LOL....reminds me of the overdue "End of the World" I've been waiting for since 2012 December.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2014
3963 posts
4716 upvotes
Toronto, ON
TuxedoBlack wrote: Recession still not coming for 2019/2020.

Yeah I gave up waiting for layoffs & the package, so gave my boss 3 months notice today (plenty of time to find a replacement - I hope ;)) So will start my early retirement 11 months later than originally planned, but before I turn 52, so all good :) Feel so relieved that I won’t have to commute in February - the winter was predicted to be colder than usually Face Screaming In Fear

(This is not a joke :) Well unless I get bored staying home and will find another job.. lol But at least for a bit shall enjoy not taking crap from never happy 30 somethings ;))
Last edited by freilona on Oct 30th, 2019 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 18, 2016
446 posts
411 upvotes
TuxedoBlack wrote: This is a sarcastic post to counter-balance the weirdness that is going on in this thread: recession-incoming-part-2-2228844/

First off, no one know when the recession will be happening and how long it will last. Therefore, I will now claim that there is no recession coming. Please invest as early and as often as possible, and wait about 3 decades and enjoy your fruits of labour.

Flame away!
Whats your play on Banks, lol.
"Do not allow yourself to become resentful, deceitful or arrogant"
Jordan B. Peterson
Oct 17, 2008
750 posts
309 upvotes
Earth
freilona wrote: Yeah I gave up waiting for layoffs & the package, so gave my boss 3 months notice today (plenty of time to find a replacement - I hope ;)) So will start my early retirement 11 months later than originally planned, but before I turn 52, so all good :) Feel so relieved that I won’t have to commute in February - the winter was predicted to be colder than usually Face Screaming In Fear

(This is not a joke :) Well unless I get bored staying home and will find another job.. lol But at least for a bit shall enjoy not taking crap from never happy 30 somethings ;))
Happy Retirement! :) I am very jealous of you - :( 25 years more for me...argh!
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2014
3963 posts
4716 upvotes
Toronto, ON
andy_ca_cn wrote: Happy Retirement! :) I am very jealous of you - :( 25 years more for me...argh!
Thank you :) 25 years ago - heck even 5! - I was sure I’ll work till 65.. glad I found this and other forums - and learned about FIRE (initially I kept asking “But what are you gonna dooo for the rest of your life?” - but eventually “don’t take crap” became “good enough” reason Face With Tears Of Joy)
Nov 24, 2016
653 posts
910 upvotes
freilona wrote: Thank you :) 25 years ago - heck even 5! - I was sure I’ll work till 65.. glad I found this and other forums - and learned about FIRE (initially I kept asking “But what are you gonna dooo for the rest of your life?” - but eventually “don’t take crap” became “good enough” reason Face With Tears Of Joy)
Congrats. Yeah, it's not about what you're going to do. Something will always come up. It's more about not doing things you don't want to do. I'm 31 and I think I have 15 years left. But depending on income levels over this time it might be sooner or later. I wish I could do it by 40 but there's no way lol.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 17, 2008
7425 posts
7665 upvotes
Congrats @freilona. Bank year end is less than 24 hours away and there might have been still hope to get packaged out. On the flip side, this means Full Time "Short Term" thread soon. Smiling Face With Sunglasses

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)