• Dec 15th, 2009 11:00 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 11, 2005
1970 posts
130 upvotes
Ajax, ON, Canada

rechargable battery suggestions

I have a Kodak EasyShare C653 Digital Camera (at 6.1 MegaPixel) and a HP photosmart 735 3.2 MegaPixel digital camera.

Both of these cameras take AA batteries. Currently, the batteries that I used for both of them are the Pure Digital AA Digital Rechargeable batteries. I bought a kit two years ago that includes the charger and the AA batteries.

I want to know which brand of rechargeable batteries do you people highly suggest on taking. The brands that I can think of are:
  • Rayovac
  • Duracell
  • Energizer
  • President's Choice
I was wondering if all of the brands listed will work on my Pure Energy battery charger. Any suggestions?
16 replies
Sep 15, 2006
255 posts
3 upvotes
I've had good luck with the Duracell 2560mah ones. They seem to discharge very slowly.
The Energizer 2500 and 2450mah I have are garbage and discharge at least about 5-10% within 24 hour of non use.

The Sanyo Eneloops are pretty good. They are 2000mah and I think the Sony 2000mah ones are Eneloops that were rebranded as well.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
9051 posts
2348 upvotes
How are you on RFD and not know about Eneloops? ;)
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Dec 30, 2004
121 posts
2 upvotes
Vaughan
There is a thread somewhere, I think in Hot Deals re: Duracell rechargeable batteries on sale for $6.99 ends today at Shoppers Drug Mart.

There's a lot of information regarding which rechargeable batteries are good!
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
10692 posts
3248 upvotes
Montreal, QC
If you want ready to use and cells that remains charged (relatively) get the Sanyo Eneloops or the white tops Duracell. (which are on sale at SDM still?)
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/sdm- ... on-825386/

Pure Energy have both alkalines (RAM cells) and hybrid chargers (RAM+NiCd/NiMh), which you do you have?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2007
5872 posts
353 upvotes
Toronto
I have the Duracell 2650Mah's, and Energizer 2450's.

I find that the Energizer's dicharge slower than the duracells, as both coming out of the charger at the same time, and stored by each other, in my bag, so temperature is the same for both, I take either set out, the Energizer seems to hold more energy than the Duracell's.

Nonetheless, both performs pretty well. Of course discharge is not as slow as LSD's.

I'm not worried about discharge. I'm aiming for high capacity.
M-e-X-x wrote: Booty call AND you get gas money? Sweet!
My HEATWARE
100% Positive
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
10692 posts
3248 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I like LSD as you charge them once and leave them in your camera bag, ready to use when you need them as opposed to having to charge them before going out, that's it, if you know you're heading out somewhere and needs to take pictures beforehand. :)
Mar 12, 2007
230 posts
255 upvotes
Toronto
Winkle wrote: How are you on RFD and not know about Eneloops? ;)
+1 for Eneloops, it's all that I use. :D
Sep 15, 2006
255 posts
3 upvotes
kay188 wrote: I have the Duracell 2650Mah's, and Energizer 2450's.

I find that the Energizer's dicharge slower than the duracells, as both coming out of the charger at the same time, and stored by each other, in my bag, so temperature is the same for both, I take either set out, the Energizer seems to hold more energy than the Duracell's.

Nonetheless, both performs pretty well. Of course discharge is not as slow as LSD's.

I'm not worried about discharge. I'm aiming for high capacity.
Lol and my sets perform the total opposite.
Aug 27, 2009
319 posts
3 upvotes
TO
You can also check out imedion batteries.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2002
2878 posts
134 upvotes
Markham
tiijei wrote: You can also check out imedion batteries.
+1

Eneloops are very good (I use them for around the house electronics)

But the Imedions are in a different class; and only used in my camera gear now. (Flashes, battery pack)
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2008
4773 posts
40 upvotes
Eneloops only
best stuff i have used
Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15327 posts
2526 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
beuh_dave wrote: +1 for Eneloops, it's all that I use. :D
+2 great with my flashes
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2004
1509 posts
31 upvotes
I missed out on the shoppers deal can anyone suggest a good inexpensive set that would cost me $10 or less. I am in the west end of Toronto and rely on TTC. I would given a good enough price would want one set in the camera and another as a back up.
Apr 30, 2007
621 posts
39 upvotes
Duracell rechargeable precharged batteries are on sale for $8.99 for the rest of the week at Shoppers Drug Mart. Still a good deal.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2005
2492 posts
1405 upvotes
twin wrote: Duracell rechargeable precharged batteries are on sale for $8.99 for the rest of the week at Shoppers Drug Mart. Still a good deal.
Yup, just get the white top ones. Anything under $10 is a good deal for 4 AA's. Tne eneloops sometimes go on sale for $10 @ Dell, so the Duracell's at $9 is still a good deal. (they're the same)

Just be careful since your Pure Energy battery charger charges rechargeable alkaline batteries. The majority of rechargables are NIMH type. (the ones below are nimh)
[IMG]http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G ... e110.L.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
10692 posts
3248 upvotes
Montreal, QC
twin wrote: Duracell rechargeable precharged batteries are on sale for $8.99 for the rest of the week at Shoppers Drug Mart. Still a good deal.
PM at FS and get it the AAs for 7.29 and the AAAs for 7.39, not too shabby
Staples sells them a lilttle cheaper so it would be 7.49, cheapest regular price at Bestbuy

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)