Computers & Electronics

Recommend a 10" android tablet

  • Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2019 4:03 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
1930 posts
402 upvotes

Recommend a 10" android tablet

I'm looking for a 10" tablet. So far Amazon 10" is $200. I know it has been $150 in the past when on sale (so obviously I don't want to pay full price.) Any other recommendations for 10" android tablets in the $150 range ?
8 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 14, 2003
4361 posts
2660 upvotes
Gotham
Try craigslist. There are new Huawei T3 10" tablets for sale that folks got from fido for free. Alternatively, if you need a data plan, fido data plan for two years and get a free tablet.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
4321 posts
4371 upvotes
Vancouver
batcave wrote: Try craigslist. There are new Huawei T3 10" tablets for sale that folks got from fido for free. Alternatively, if you need a data plan, fido data plan for two years and get a free tablet.
He said he needs an Android tablet. I'm sure the Huawei tablets are cheap given this week's announcement by Google that they are cutting off Android support on Huawei devices due to U.S. government pressure. Too much of a gamble at the moment.
https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/20/1863 ... ty-updates
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 14, 2003
4361 posts
2660 upvotes
Gotham
Scote64 wrote: He said he needs an Android tablet. I'm sure the Huawei tablets are cheap given this week's announcement by Google that they are cutting off Android support on Huawei devices due to U.S. government pressure. Too much of a gamble at the moment.
https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/20/1863 ... ty-updates
What OS is on the Huawei tablet if not Android?

If it is Android it's preloaded and will work out of the box. Maybe future updates are stalled until trump leaves his post in five years. Face With Tears Of Joy

If it's to preoccupy his kid(s), this would probably work. Heck, OP could probably get one for $100 because of the snafu.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
4321 posts
4371 upvotes
Vancouver
batcave wrote: If it is Android it's preloaded and will work out of the box. Maybe future updates are stalled until trump leaves his post in five years. Face With Tears Of Joy
No Google Play Store. No new apps. No updates.

Maybe you could find a way to bypass by creating apks and transferring them from another supported Android device (if you have one), but no guarantees and it seems like a hassle.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 14, 2003
4361 posts
2660 upvotes
Gotham
According to this, https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... roid-phone



It should sill work.

I used a Samsung tablet (tab S10.5) from 2014 until 2018 on android 5 without problems.

If operators are giving away tablets for free it probably won't last that long. It will probably be in a landfill in a couple years.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12995 upvotes
I like Chinese tablets.
Decent specs for not much money.

I have a bunch of Chuwi that are ok.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
1930 posts
402 upvotes
batcave wrote: Try craigslist. There are new Huawei T3 10" tablets for sale that folks got from fido for free. Alternatively, if you need a data plan, fido data plan for two years and get a free tablet.
Thanks for the info. I will check that out.

Top