Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 2, 2006
1235 posts
171 upvotes

Recommend a 60"+ TV

Hi,
I have been out of the loop for a while with regards to the latest and greatest tv technology. Looking to pick up a 60"+ over the next few weeks, any recommendations of what brand I should be looking for and what specs? Smart tv with netflix, youtube etc. would also be on the wish list.
Thanks
10 replies
Oct 18, 2016
369 posts
204 upvotes
Seeing how prices have come down a bit this year, and with the actual in-market introduction of 8K TVs, I'd expect 4K TVs to drop this year by Black Friday. Given that HDR pricing has dropped significantly and the gimmick didn't really catch on and SmartTVs are abundant now, and with 3D dead, manufacturers don't have much to continue to push TVs upon us. How often do you buy a TV really.

So with 8K they're going to try and persuade us that we should upgrade/buy the latest greatest.

I'm holding out for a 75" 4K SmartTV from Samsung (brand reputation) at $999 price point for a Black Friday doorcrasher. Let's see if it comes to pass.

If you need something immediately, then 65" is still where the sweet spot is for value.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 2, 2006
1235 posts
171 upvotes
Mwazam82 wrote: Seeing how prices have come down a bit this year, and with the actual in-market introduction of 8K TVs, I'd expect 4K TVs to drop this year by Black Friday. Given that HDR pricing has dropped significantly and the gimmick didn't really catch on and SmartTVs are abundant now, and with 3D dead, manufacturers don't have much to continue to push TVs upon us. How often do you buy a TV really.

So with 8K they're going to try and persuade us that we should upgrade/buy the latest greatest.

I'm holding out for a 75" 4K SmartTV from Samsung (brand reputation) at $999 price point for a Black Friday doorcrasher. Let's see if it comes to pass.

If you need something immediately, then 65" is still where the sweet spot is for value.
Thanks, i have a samsung now, it's old but it has been fantastic. Which model are you eyeing?
Oct 18, 2016
369 posts
204 upvotes
I believe its called the NU7100. It's normal price at BestBuy for $1599 but I've seen open box down to $1379 or so which give me reason enough to hope. LG 75" for sure will be $999 for Black Friday.

I have an LG 55UJ7700 and its already in for 2nd time service in 2 years. I won't buy LG TV again. This is my 2nd LG TV where I'm having problems. Had a Samsung 46" old school that just kept on going till I sold it.

You would be safe with Samsung or even Sony. But with Sony's Android TVs its a mixes bag. Better than the PS3/4 inspired TV interface of yesteryear but the fact that Google has done little to keep AndroidTV up its not a goos choice exactly. Google did however say this year that they're going to put in work.
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10015 posts
835 upvotes
Toronto
lg'
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."