• Sep 5th, 2021 8:03 am
Tags:
[OP]
Mar 17, 2012
100 posts
8 upvotes
Eastern Ontario

Recommend brands for granite/composite undermount kitchen sink

We are renovating our house (bought August 12). I'm looking for a granite/composite undermount kitchen sink in medium to dark grey. I have seen brands like blanco, kindred, Karman, Kohler....and more. I'm looking for suggestions for good brands that will last!
Last edited by Mars2012 on Sep 5th, 2021 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited title for clarity
4 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
17811 posts
15257 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
momofmen wrote: We are renovating our house (bought August 12). I'm looking for a granite/composite undermount kitchen sink in medium to dark grey. I have seen brands like blanco, kindred, Karman, Kohler....and more. I'm looking for suggestions for good brands that will last!
Looks modern … and nice WHEN NEW

But too many long term issues for my liking

https://www.bhg.com/kitchen/sink/compos ... ite-sinks/

Scratching, discolouration, possible cracking, etc

My next sink will be a deep & large farmhouse style sink …

Either in Stainless Steel or Enamelled Cast Iron.
Both have decades / a century of good durability.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 4, 2009
5571 posts
1770 upvotes
We had a 33", single bowl, black silgranit Blanco for 9 years. Never discoloured, never had any issue. The key is to have a grid on the bottom (this is true for any sink - steel, stone, porcelain etc.) A grid mitigates scratches and nothing ever breaks if it slips out of your hand while washing.

We were very pleased with ours.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2003
1750 posts
835 upvotes
GTA
+1 vote for the Blanco silgranit. Had one at our old place for 10 years and it did show it’s age with nicks and scratches but we didn’t know how to take care of it. We got a new one for our new house and kitchen reno and are still super happy. We had friends say their new stainless steel sink was a pain to keep clean and scratched very easily and didn’t look good after a few months
Jan 21, 2011
810 posts
334 upvotes
GTA
Blanco had some kind of cleaner or paste you had to use every now and then. I installed one in 2008 and never had any issues with it, moved in 2011. From what I saw in recent photos of the unit, kitchen is the same as i left it in 2008 minus the floors.