Art and Photography

Recommend a budget 4K action camera please?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 21st, 2021 6:56 pm
[OP]
Aug 15, 2003
983 posts
291 upvotes

Recommend a budget 4K action camera please?

Hi everyone,

Looking for a budget 4k action camera and really confused by the different options on Amazon.
What's the difference between the Dragon Touch, Akaso, Apeman, Campark cameras? I'm looking to spend $50-70, basically to take photos on the water so I don't drop my phone.

Is it worth spending more and getting a DJI OSMO ACTION?
6 replies
Jun 24, 2005
658 posts
103 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I don't know anything about those cameras, but just be careful that you are actually getting 4k as a lot of the cheaper cameras extrapolates 1080p to 4k.

IMHO, I doubt at those cheap prices, they are true 4k, but again I could be wrong as I don't know anything about them.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2007
8596 posts
6083 upvotes
Winnipeg
I would just get the GoPro HERO7...
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
4814 posts
2946 upvotes
mintchoco wrote: Hi everyone,

Looking for a budget 4k action camera and really confused by the different options on Amazon.
What's the difference between the Dragon Touch, Akaso, Apeman, Campark cameras? I'm looking to spend $50-70, basically to take photos on the water so I don't drop my phone.

They're all great if wasting money on something that will last 3 months...

GoPro even the older generations or buying used is the way to go.
Jan 4, 2019
549 posts
556 upvotes
All I can say is, do not get the Apeman. I tried it and it was garbage. You can't barely even see the screen. The recordings were so-so but mostly garbage. I tried a few of their models and they all seemed to suffer from the same issues. Their customer service was also terrible.

Check YouTube reviews of them. There is one action cam I came across that was just under the $90-99 range that was actually good. I'm just having trouble remembering what it was at the moment.

You can't go by the Amazon reviews for these cams. Do YouTube reviews of actual footage and usage.

Edit: try this one, https://www.amazon.ca/AKASO-Waterproof- ... 212&sr=8-5
Banned
Oct 10, 2020
1038 posts
613 upvotes
mintchoco wrote: Hi everyone,

For what you want to do with it - no.

this one for $63 shipped (free return with 15 days) is a better value
aliexpress-action-camera-allwinner-v316 ... d-2472527/
Banned
Jun 19, 2021
1 posts
Montreal, QC
Is it allowed to just get a broken gopro and a subscription, and just exchange for a new one? Might be the cheapest way to do it.