• Last Updated:
  • Sep 14th, 2021 2:46 pm
[OP]
Apr 8, 2010
788 posts
436 upvotes
toronto

recommend cordless stick vacuum

There was another post about Dyson and there was a bunch that was saying to not to get a Dyson.

So what other brands are there for cordless stick vacuums for both carpet and hardwood floors?

I was going to get a Dyson until I read that post and had me wonder, what other brands are there and what would you recommend?

Thank you
11 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
14167 posts
9465 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Shark vacuum are good.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
10644 posts
5930 upvotes
Paris
I really like the Hoover one. Don’t love the Ryobi one.
Jun 10, 2016
389 posts
294 upvotes
Brampton
we got a Tineco in the fall and love it. had never heard of the brand til I started doing my research and found mostly positive reviews. we got one of the lower/mid-level models (it was around $200 on sale), but I've heard that even the lower model is decent, as are the higher end models.
Feb 23, 2021
24 posts
29 upvotes
denti72 wrote: There was another post about Dyson and there was a bunch that was saying to not to get a Dyson.

So what other brands are there for cordless stick vacuums for both carpet and hardwood floors?

I was going to get a Dyson until I read that post and had me wonder, what other brands are there and what would you recommend?

Thank you
Shark Pet Pro for the win, 1/2 to 1/3 the price of a Dyson for nearly the exact same performance. Better in some areas, worse in others. Go to Rtings as they do fantastic reviews, and you can sort the reviews by performance on bare, carpet, recurring costs, etc.
May 28, 2012
454 posts
413 upvotes
ONT
Consumer Reports October 2021 edition:
Images
  • CR Vacuums.jpg
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2012 posts
1796 upvotes
Ottawa
AirMilesChamp wrote: Shark Pet Pro for the win, 1/2 to 1/3 the price of a Dyson for nearly the exact same performance. Better in some areas, worse in others. Go to Rtings as they do fantastic reviews, and you can sort the reviews by performance on bare, carpet, recurring costs, etc.
We have a Shark Pet Pro. We got it on sale a couple of years ago. We're more than happy with it.

98% of the performance of a Dyson for 1/3 the cost.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2016
1166 posts
1048 upvotes
ON
I think it would be a good idea to get a stick in which the battery can be replaced.
Isn't it great to live in the 21st century where deleting history has become more important than making it.
May 21, 2015
988 posts
542 upvotes
Sarnia, ON
Problem with these cordless vacs like many cordless products is the batteries start to give out anywhere from 2-5 years and you're left with a useless machine in most cases because replacements aren't available particularly from all these no name Chinese brands. Or you end up paying hundreds for a new battery from the likes of Dyson. Whereas a corded model could run for years and years more.