• Sep 3rd, 2020 11:00 am
Tags:
7 replies
Apr 8, 2013
180 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto
There are a number of variables.

Honda generators are super expensive. However, if you're running them on a regular basis then it's worth the investment.

For occasional use, try either Generac or Champion. Keep in mind that you should run the generator for 20 minutes every month. Make sure that you change the gasoline on a regular basis. If you're in Ontario the best gasoline is the Shell premium which doesn't contain ethanol.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 8, 2013
10205 posts
752 upvotes
F22Raptor wrote: There are a number of variables.

Honda generators are super expensive. However, if you're running them on a regular basis then it's worth the investment.

For occasional use, try either Generac or Champion. Keep in mind that you should run the generator for 20 minutes every month. Make sure that you change the gasoline on a regular basis. If you're in Ontario the best gasoline is the Shell premium which doesn't contain ethanol.
Thanks! I didnt know about not using ethanol.
Jan 5, 2008
118 posts
61 upvotes
Etobicoke
Any suggestions on the best places to get Generac or Champion generators for residential use 1.2kw+.

Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2017
8383 posts
4079 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
I have a LP-fuelled Generac installed by the previous owner. What PM should I do (other than keep the battery charged up)? Change oil to synthetic?
I smile when I see container ships sailing past my house laden with stuff made in China
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4991 posts
830 upvotes
Calgary
Get an inverter generator - they are worth the premium
I apologize for offending sensitivities of alt right, alt left, or anyone in the middle, for humor or perspectives, for my maturity and occasional errors. I apologize for misunderstandings on gender, religion, politics, race or deals.
Apr 8, 2013
180 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto
Cough wrote: Get an inverter generator - they are worth the premium
Very good advice. Inverter generators are well worth the additional cost - they produce cleaner power and are more efficient than traditional generators.

A couple of other things to consider. First, make sure that you add fuel stabilizer to your gasoline when you store it. I learned this the hard way. I let the gasoline sit for over a year without adding any stabilizer and clogged up my carburetor.

Second, make sure that you place the generator at least 20 feet away from any house (including your neighbours). Carbon dioxide can be deadly.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)