• Apr 13th, 2018 1:20 am
Tags:
[OP]
Feb 26, 2011
767 posts
818 upvotes
Calgary

Recommend me a game

We just 3-Starred all the levels on Overcooked and we're looking for something similar.

Currently owned platforms:
-WiiU
-PS3
-Computer rig running steam
*-Open to investing in a Switch

Why we like Overcooked:
-Plays in 2 dimensions, not coordinated enough for FPS
-Co-Op game
-Challenges to complete 3 stars
-Games are short at ~5min

TIA
19 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5543 posts
1205 upvotes
calgary
You don't have a Switch yet but if you do get one I would recommend SnipperClips, its less frantic than Overcooked but its a 2D game that requires a bunch of teamwork and is a lot of fun to play.

I'd also check out Lovers in a dangerous Spacetime, I actually don't know how challenging and well this works with just 2 players but it was a blast with 3-4 players.

I honestly don't know what else to recommend here, I'm in a similar boat with my wife who enjoys challenging coop games but refuses to play anything that is in 3 dimension so hopefully someone else can chime in. We are going through the old DKC games right now on our SNES Classic.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
3220 posts
1772 upvotes
Burlington
For Wii U
----
Smash Bros
Mario Bros
Mario Kart
Donkey Kong

Never owned PS3 - Can't comment

PC
-----
Starwhal
Golf with your friends
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8369 posts
5172 upvotes
Toronto
Wii U - Rayman Legends, WiiU party, Nintendoland, Yoshi Wooly World. Donkey Kong TF is amazing but insanely difficult, even more so in co-op
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12020 posts
2630 upvotes
BattleBlock Theater
Cuphead

And a reason to fire up the old PS3... Portal 2 (co-op mode).
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
9156 posts
3578 upvotes
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo Switch). The most fun racing game that everyone seems to love.
Mariio Kart 8 (Nintendo Wii U)
Super Mario 3D World (Wii U). The later levels are more challenging but you should be adept at completing them by then.

PS3:
Heavy Rain (not really multiplayer but it is a game people like to take turns or cooperatively make choices while playing).
Diablo III Ultimate Evil Edition
Dragon's Crown

I would not recommend Snipperclips on Nintendo Switch.
That requires a lot of coordination and communication and the game is not that replayable after you beat each puzzle once IMO.
In Snipperclips, the controls are a deterrent and having to rely on the other person execute tasks correctly can be an exercise
in frustration in regards to correctly solving the puzzles.

There is not much reason to ever play it again even if you do play it long enough to complete all the puzzles.
For that reason I would not recommend Portal 2 even though the above poster suggested it. Portal 2 involves learning the
unusual physics in the game mechanics to solve complex puzzles.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2007
1199 posts
262 upvotes
If you like couch coop try Crawl
It's on Steam, Switch, PS4
Don't worry about the pixel graphics as it is so fun to play as the hero or as the monsters to kill your friend!
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12020 posts
2630 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo Switch). The most fun racing game that everyone seems to love.
Mariio Kart 8 (Nintendo Wii U)
Super Mario 3D World (Wii U). The later levels are more challenging but you should be adept at completing them by then.

PS3:
Heavy Rain (not really multiplayer but it is a game people like to take turns or cooperatively make choices while playing).
Diablo III Ultimate Evil Edition
Dragon's Crown

I would not recommend Snipperclips on Nintendo Switch.
That requires a lot of coordination and communication and the game is not that replayable after you beat each puzzle once IMO.
In Snipperclips, the controls are a deterrent and having to rely on the other person execute tasks correctly can be an exercise
in frustration in regards to correctly solving the puzzles.

There is not much reason to ever play it again even if you do play it long enough to complete all the puzzles.
For that reason I would not recommend Portal 2 even though the above poster suggested it. Portal 2 involves learning the
unusual physics in the game mechanics to solve complex puzzles.
Portal 2 is a 10 year old game that you could probably find really cheap in the bargain bin or used. It's actually has a coop mode (unlike the single player games you suggested) with levels that take roughly 1-5 minutes to complete. It also doesn't take twitchy reflexes or any skilled movement to complete. Other than being somewhat short (only about 50 levels), why wouldn't you recommend Portal 2?
[OP]
Feb 26, 2011
767 posts
818 upvotes
Calgary
So we tried Lovers In A Dangerous Spacetime and didn't like:
-The rounds were way too long
-Seemingly more difficult to run around to all the guns with just 2 players
Banned
Jul 12, 2016
329 posts
181 upvotes
well first of all, what type of games do you like.

Shooters: Call of duty, Mafia, Medal Of Honor, Far Cry, saints row...
Action-Adventure: GTA, Tomb Raider, Assassins's Creed, God of war, Metal Gear...

This is all i could think of for now Haha.. but man there are plenty of games that you can play. Right now i'm playing Battlefield 1 and WW2 which are amazingly developed games. Both Campaign and Multiplayer is very well made. You should play both if you haven't already.
[OP]
Feb 26, 2011
767 posts
818 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks but we prefer co-op games where rounds are under say... 5min with minimal coordination involved. We can't FPS because we get dizzy lol
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2006
3581 posts
278 upvotes
Toronto
jwslam wrote: Thanks but we prefer co-op games where rounds are under say... 5min with minimal coordination involved. We can't FPS because we get dizzy lol
http://www.co-optimus.com

You may want to browse this website to check out co op games
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2003
3098 posts
594 upvotes
Ottawa
Perhaps Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light / Temple of Osiris?

You should also check out Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, especially as it's cheap in one of the current Humble Bundles.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
2126 posts
330 upvotes
I'm surprised nobody has even given Arena of Valor a mention. That game is spreading like wildfire.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2017
1720 posts
828 upvotes
Toronto
magicka 2 for ps3. pretty fun.
helldivers is pretty fun too..

i dont think alienation is on ps3
Last edited by DimsumDeals on Apr 5th, 2018 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Feb 26, 2011
767 posts
818 upvotes
Calgary
tinlun wrote: I'm surprised nobody has even given Arena of Valor a mention. That game is spreading like wildfire.
So pretty much LoL or HotS
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
2126 posts
330 upvotes
jwslam wrote: So pretty much LoL or HotS
Yeah, pretty much but with DC characters. Playing the Asian version. Kinda suck at it but I'm learning. There's also the Android version of 三國殺 but I don't fancy card games all that much.
Feb 1, 2018
7 posts
tinlun wrote: I'm surprised nobody has even given Arena of Valor a mention. That game is spreading like wildfire.
Buddy, I didn't hear about this game is it really good game?
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
2126 posts
330 upvotes
JosephCanady wrote: Buddy, I didn't hear about this game is it really good game?
It's a pretty game. Although the American version is way behind in terms of downloadable content. No Superman or Batman on the US version. I've sampled Superman on the Chinese version and Superman's very fast. The Flash should be coming to the Asian servers very soon.