Recommend me a place to buy designer handbag where I can earn rewards

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2017 1:32 am
[OP]
Jul 5, 2006
354 posts
13 upvotes

Recommend me a place to buy designer handbag where I can earn rewards

Probably a stupid question, but I'm planning to buy an Lv handbag as a gift and am wondering if there is a place where I can buy this and also earn some kind of rewards, given that it is rather expensive.

I'll be using a credit card so the credit card reward is covered but I wanted to see if there are stores that reward spending on this kind of purchases.

For example, does it make a difference if I were to buy this from Saks vs Holts vs a standalone LV store? Thanks.
6 replies
Oct 9, 2011
560 posts
207 upvotes
If you MUST buy a Louis Vuitton bag, purchase at Holt Renfrew does not count toward their reward program. Holt Renfrew's reward program is not good anyway, unless you spend more than $10,000 an year.

If you can consider other brands like Gucci, Burberry, YSL, Balenciaga, Givenchy, Celine etc you can buy online from Saks, Nordstrom, farfetch, Neiman Marcus and get cashback from ebates. 3-5% on a $3000 purchase is quite a lot.
[OP]
Jul 5, 2006
354 posts
13 upvotes
Thanks, and I guess you cannot get LV online via Saks etc. I know nothing about handbags - I just know that my SO likes this particular one and has been eyeing it (and it's an LV). It sounds like options are limited to get any rewards out of it...
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
15869 posts
4381 upvotes
Markham
basically can only get rewards from Credit cards

cashback?
aeroplan points?
air Miles?
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13358 posts
2257 upvotes
City of Vancouver
jjesskaka wrote: If you MUST buy a Louis Vuitton bag, purchase at Holt Renfrew does not count toward their reward program. Holt Renfrew's reward program is not good anyway, unless you spend more than $10,000 an year....
Are u referring to Holt Icon Privileges? This link states:

"The Holt Icon Privileges program has ended, effective January 28, 2017.

This decision was driven by customer feedback and Holt Renfrew’s commitment to show our appreciation to our most loyal customer, in a meaningful and relevant way.

Customers will continue to receive the tailored approach to their shopping experience that they have come to know at Holt Renfrew. This will include complimentary alterations† and throughout the year, a curated assortment of special offers, front-of-the-line access, and exclusive invitations to one-of-a-kind events.

Look for exciting news to come, and feel free to contact your store or our online customer care, to help make your every visit to Holt Renfrew an inspired and distinct experience in luxury fashion."
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
4140 posts
771 upvotes
Richmond
expect a posh version of pc plus soon at holts
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
2299 posts
4512 upvotes
Canada
newbie7 wrote: Probably a stupid question, but I'm planning to buy an Lv handbag as a gift and am wondering if there is a place where I can buy this and also earn some kind of rewards, given that it is rather expensive.

I'll be using a credit card so the credit card reward is covered but I wanted to see if there are stores that reward spending on this kind of purchases.

For example, does it make a difference if I were to buy this from Saks vs Holts vs a standalone LV store? Thanks.
The closest would be the SaksFirst Reward Program (https://www.saksfifthavenue.com/Canada/ ... ons_EN.jsp). The only thing is that their rewards program is tied to their store credit card. There is a Louis Vuitton inside Saks Eaton Centre (http://ca.louisvuitton.com/eng-ca/point ... eaton-saks).

Does anyone know if any Nordstrom locations in Canada carry Louis Vuitton?