• Aug 19th, 2021 7:44 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2002
1265 posts
351 upvotes
Oakville

Recommend a new 75" TV

Hi all, looking to upgrade my really really (really) old 46" LED TV with a 70" or 75" TV. I've got about 8ft between the couch and the TV, and my budget is $2500.

With Black Friday a few months away, I'd like to start narrowing down a list of potential TVs to target.

I've read some really good things about the Vizio P Series Quantum and the TCL 6 series (and love the price points), but I've also read that quality control is still an issue and that you're really playing the panel lottery game with these two brands (though I dont know if this is fake news or if they've improved).

I guess my list so far are:
1. Sony 900H (older model but seems to be generally well recommended)
2. Sony X90J (a bit out of budget, but hoping for a sale)
3. Samsung Q70T
4. LG Nano90

Any thoughts on the above and any other models to look at?
3 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
1382 posts
513 upvotes
I almost bit on the Hisense 75" warm deal last week. Wasn't really looking at TVs until then.

I didn't go for it cuz it seemed too big to fit my TV corner.

But that prompted me to start researching.

I don't see Vizio being sold in Canada anymore. IIRC they pull out of our market. Where did you find it being sold?

Seems like TV prices have risen this summer so now is a bad time for me to have gotten interested. :-(
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2002
1265 posts
351 upvotes
Oakville
shopper_of_things wrote: I almost bit on the Hisense 75" warm deal last week. Wasn't really looking at TVs until then.

I didn't go for it cuz it seemed too big to fit my TV corner.

But that prompted me to start researching.

I don't see Vizio being sold in Canada anymore. IIRC they pull out of our market. Where did you find it being sold?

Seems like TV prices have risen this summer so now is a bad time for me to have gotten interested. :-(
Regarding Vizio, had no idea until I just googled it. Saw it was out of stock/unavailable on Amazon.ca, but just assumed it would be back in stock at some point. Oh well, I guess I can take vizio off the list then.
Banned
Mar 3, 2021
707 posts
356 upvotes
I'm partial to LG for the past 15yrs, and recently just picked up a 75" for $1200 from COSTCO last month. It's mounted on the wall with swivel arm (amazon), and what a big contrast to the 50" I came from.

Note: Always go WebOs and avoid all the Roku, Alexa pre-install crap