Entrepreneurship & Small Business

Recommend a platform/hosting to have multiple sites/domains?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 10th, 2020 5:34 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9254 posts
1631 upvotes
TO

Recommend a platform/hosting to have multiple sites/domains?

Hi all,

I'm looking for a provider where I can host multiple domains and create sites and scale them as needs grow. I've seen many come with CP software and wordPress blogginng script.

Does anyone recommend any canadian companies although it doesn't have to be in CA.

I looked at web hosting listings and the usual gatorhost bluehost comes up but i like the offering of namecheap

thanks in advance.
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
4 replies
Dec 31, 2013
37 posts
19 upvotes
Mississauga
Look into Microsoft Azure. It's easy to add new domains and scale up and down depending on load. Our website www.taxory.com use Azure and we are very happy with it.
Alex Shapovalov
Taxory accounting services
Apr 21, 2016
118 posts
107 upvotes
TorontoEh wrote: Hi all,

I'm looking for a provider where I can host multiple domains and create sites and scale them as needs grow. I've seen many come with CP software and wordPress blogginng script.

Does anyone recommend any canadian companies although it doesn't have to be in CA.

I looked at web hosting listings and the usual gatorhost bluehost comes up but i like the offering of namecheap

thanks in advance.
I use this Canadian company for my clients. https://directhosting.ca/business-multidomain-hosting
Just an average netizen here because of the quarantine. :razz:
Web Developer for 5+ years. 😎
May 29, 2004
521 posts
152 upvotes
majority offer unlimited domains but you need to check if you have also have unlimited mysql/mariadb setup. if they only offer 5 mysql databases, then you will only able to setup to 5 sites. Unless you don't mind sharing same database for some of the site which I don't recommend. i would start with sharing hosting and see how it goes before moving to full manage vps as well.

I'm currently using Boomhost.com (shared hosting) and MediaTemple (fully managed vps)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)