Recommend Prop Mgmt Company in GTA, Condo Rental

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2020 1:16 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2010
1885 posts
1157 upvotes
superscoots wrote: It's mostly disgruntled tenants.... Lol
That means they're doing their job and thereby a great management company for the landlord :D
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2598 posts
1156 upvotes
superscoots wrote: I've used Dash for years and they have been great. No headaches at all when it comes to the rentals.
Have you had any issues they had to deal with?
Sep 7, 2018
646 posts
497 upvotes
zzzz24 wrote: Have you had any issues they had to deal with?
Yes

Superbowl a few years ago. I was out with friends. Got a call from management saying not to worry but the laundry machine in one of my units failed, tenant came home to water everywhere. But management had moved the tenant to another unit, started the disaster cleanup, initiated the insurance claim and other things. I did not have to do anything. It was quite satisfying.

This was a new unit btw, a tech came to investigate and deemed the washing machine failed prematurely and they paid the insurance end of it.
Jan 8, 2011
121 posts
76 upvotes
Ottawa
zzzz24 wrote: Have you actually used these companies though? Seeing lots of speculation on here, but nobody with actual experiences with a particular company.
No but I have met with them. I've spoken to their satisfied customers as well. RIF is the most expensive game in town (so many fees but they are transparent), I chose not to go forward with them.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2010
1885 posts
1157 upvotes
superscoots wrote: Yes

Superbowl a few years ago. I was out with friends. Got a call from management saying not to worry but the laundry machine in one of my units failed, tenant came home to water everywhere. But management had moved the tenant to another unit, started the disaster cleanup, initiated the insurance claim and other things. I did not have to do anything. It was quite satisfying.

This was a new unit btw, a tech came to investigate and deemed the washing machine failed prematurely and they paid the insurance end of it.
Wow they even put him in a different unit? Where did they find one?
Sep 7, 2018
646 posts
497 upvotes
moofur wrote: Wow they even put him in a different unit? Where did they find one?
It's a large property management company, they probably had something in inventory - like I said, they have been fantastic.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2598 posts
1156 upvotes
superscoots wrote: It's a large property management company, they probably had something in inventory - like I said, they have been fantastic.
So how much are you paying them per month to manage your rental property? 5%?
Sep 7, 2018
646 posts
497 upvotes
zzzz24 wrote: So how much are you paying them per month to manage your rental property? 5%?
I believe it's around 6% or so.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2598 posts
1156 upvotes
superscoots wrote: I believe it's around 6% or so.
Not cheap. Do they add extra charges and so forth? Are you inside or outside the country?
Sep 7, 2018
646 posts
497 upvotes
zzzz24 wrote: Not cheap. Do they add extra charges and so forth? Are you inside or outside the country?
It's really not that bad. And the fee is built into the rent. And a write off, I'm in the country. Yes if there are repairs I pay for it. Again, write off.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2598 posts
1156 upvotes
superscoots wrote: It's really not that bad. And the fee is built into the rent. And a write off, I'm in the country. Yes if there are repairs I pay for it. Again, write off.
What made you utilize property management since you are in the country? I am only considering it since I may work abroad. I think if I were going to stay here, I would just deal with it myself on an as needed basis.
Jul 5, 2018
58 posts
84 upvotes
I use Dash. Theyve managed my downtown condo since 2017. No issues. Feel free to PM me if you got questions. Im out of the country.
Nov 1, 2020
2 posts
SWilliams2 wrote: I posted a similar question before. I did some digging and Buttonwood seems like a good option - their 'fee' covers finding the tenant as well, if MLS is not needed. Depending on the rent, you shouldn't pay more than $200/$250 per month. I also worry about having a nightmare tenant , some type of insurance on this front would be ideal as well.

I'll post back here when I get more information
Hi @swilliam82. Did you end up using Buttonwood? If so, how is their service?
Nov 1, 2020
2 posts
Hi @zzzz24. I am in a similar situation as yours. Did you end up using a property management service? If so could you please share the property management company you ended up using?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2598 posts
1156 upvotes
rginex wrote: Hi @zzzz24. I am in a similar situation as yours. Did you end up using a property management service? If so could you please share the property management company you ended up using?
Nope, sold it and glad I did before all of this happened