• Last Updated:
  • Sep 30th, 2022 10:59 am
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto

Recommend Your Favorite YouTube Videos/Channels

I thought that there might be some interest from RFDers in posting/discussing Fav YouTube content. New or Old. Let's see.
There is just so much available, these days, that it can be hard to weed through the choices,
so maybe someone posting something unique, unusual or just wacked out, will take you into something that you never would have considered.

Here are some recc's to start. Just a few things that interest me or that I like.

Personally, I am fascinated by the Michael Franzese Channel. The inside details he has of mafia life.
Michael Franzese was a Capo of the Colombo crime family, and son of former underboss John (Sonny) Franzese, who was sentenced to 50 years in prison.
Michael Franzese reportedly made hundreds of millions of dollars, in a massive gas tax evasion scheme, and did 5 years, and then did the unthinkable. He walked away from the mafia, and lived to tell about it.
Then even stranger he got married, found Jesus and became an evangelist and life coach of sorts.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MichaelFranzese

Also liking PBS Space Time
Short weekly videos on astrophysics with Host Matt O’Dowd
https://www.youtube.com/c/pbsspacetime/about

Music:

Christina Grimmie solo cover of: Titanium

Marcelito Pomoy cover of: The Prayer

Disturbed cover of: The Sound Of Silence

I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.

Respect your OP's. They don't get paid to do this, and don't have to come here to post their deals for you. They can all just hoard their deals in silence, if you prefer?
76 replies
Jan 13, 2007
689 posts
669 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
I have to give a big shout out to Harry Mack, probably the best freestyle rapper I've ever heard. Harry is such a positive, intelligent, funny and awesome person to boot. Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC59ZRY ... jUhremZ8Tg

Here's a recent Omegle Bars video where he freestyles for random people on chat:

Or one of my other favourite series of his, Guerrilla Bars, where he freestyles for random people on the street:
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
woofster wrote: I have to give a big shout out to Harry Mack, probably the best freestyle rapper I've ever heard. Harry is such a positive, intelligent, funny and awesome person to boot. Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC59ZRY ... jUhremZ8Tg

Here's a recent Omegle Bars video where he freestyles for random people on chat:

Or one of my other favourite series of his, Guerrilla Bars, where he freestyles for random people on the street:
Nice. Love this guy.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.

Respect your OP's. They don't get paid to do this, and don't have to come here to post their deals for you. They can all just hoard their deals in silence, if you prefer?
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
Here are a couple of comedy series on YT that I go back to:

Just For Laughs Gags
https://www.youtube.com/user/JustForLaughsTV

Punk'd (Original) As well as some other MTV stuff, like Jackass.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRLbrE ... NLtCVNLnQg

Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
Here are a couple of inspirational clips:

Wonderful Singer on RGT with a serious disability

Deaf Singer on AGT

Nervous, insecure Singer on BGT

Man Opens Cage For Lion

Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
Perhaps the best singer alive in the world today; Dimash

(French)

(Russian w/subs)

Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
Robin Williams and Koko The Gorilla

Girl Walks and Swims with Tiger

Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2019
1678 posts
2053 upvotes
GTA
My fav: Mark Rober, Smarter Everyday, DW Documentary
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
QuicKi7 wrote: My fav: Mark Rober, Smarter Everyday, DW Documentary
Thanks for the recs. Maybe just me, but it took me a couple of minutes to realize that they were three seperate channels, not one search string. Hadn't seen any of them though.

Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
brandonly wrote: PBS space time is quite fantastic. I also recommend science and futurism with Isaac Arthur

science and futurism with Isaac Arthur
Thanks. I also like Anton Petrov's channel, too

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCciQ8w ... i-lfu8-cjQ

Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto

Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
Also liking Sammy The Bull Gravano's channel.

He was John Gotti's under boss in the Gambino Mafia family.
The dude is in his 70's now, but tells it like it was, and doesn't mind admitting to crimes unapologetically.

Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
eldiablo wrote: Along the same line and just as entertaining>> https://www.youtube.com/user/MichaelFranzese
Thanks. Like all his stuff too. The one that I found fascinating, was the episode where he sits down with his daughters and they just talk about how his lifestyle and being in prison for a long stretch affected them.

Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15169 posts
2743 upvotes
idiotcanuck wrote: Thanks. Like all his stuff too. The one that I found fascinating, was the episode where he sits down with his daughters and they just talk about how his lifestyle and being in prison for a long stretch affected them.
I have been fascinated with these types of videos and their portrayal of real mobsters and their lives. Keep it coming if you have something new.
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
eldiablo wrote:
Jeezus that is virtuoso guitar playing.

I also really like Chris Klafford's kitchen sessions.