Parenting & Family

Recommendation for a power glider/recliner for nursery?

[OP]
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
1357 posts
1343 upvotes

Recommendation for a power glider/recliner for nursery?

We are looking to buy a good power recliner + glider. A friend recommended the "Babyletto Kiwi" and it seems to hit all the features we're looking for, but at $900 seems a bit steep.

Any recommendations for cheaper options? I see a few on Buy Buy Baby but not sure if they are any good...they are also smaller than the Babyletto so seems like baby might outgrow it sooner? (Don't want his legs to be squished against the sides when feeding.)

Also where do you guys put the glider? I know it typically goes in the nursery but it seems like we would be using it more during the day (baby is almost 5 months now so he only wakes up once at night usually). So I'm thinking of putting it in our downstairs living room for daytime feedings and just feeding baby in bed at night (like we're currently doing).
9 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2004
8611 posts
1425 upvotes
Imho it's not something you need. We're 3 kids in and have found a lot of baby stuff really isn't required. YMMV. We bought everything for the 1st and used some... With the 2nd used less. With the 3rd realized its mostly a waste of space and $. I think a glider/rocker is one of those.

A chair/bed to feed is all you need. This time around Mrs didn't even bother with the feeding pillow anymore. Even the chair is debatable as Mrs just fed while walking around. Thinking Face
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2008
1487 posts
1018 upvotes
Ripley
if you want it for your living space you don't need a baby specific chair. Go with something leather and something that looks good in your space. We bought a leather rocker recliner many years ago from the Brick and just used that. My youngest is 13 and it is still in our living room.
Mar 1, 2015
291 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
We just got a Strandmon from Ikea. Not a rocker but baby falls asleep while feeding anyway and it looks and sits great. Wife can't wait until she can move it to our room for her reading nook.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
1357 posts
1343 upvotes
Thanks for all the advice and suggestions. We had originally wanted one that could recline, rock, and had electronic controls so it was hard to find options that fit the bill. However perhaps all those features aren't necessary. We'll have to reconsider what we need and explore different options.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2005
7439 posts
387 upvotes
Toronto
jk9088 wrote: Thanks for all the advice and suggestions. We had originally wanted one that could recline, rock, and had electronic controls so it was hard to find options that fit the bill. However perhaps all those features aren't necessary. We'll have to reconsider what we need and explore different options.
What did you end up getting !?
_{o,o}...{o.-}--{0,0}
_|)__)_--|)_(|-_-(__(|
--"-"-___-"-"-__--"-"-
Jun 6, 2009
695 posts
241 upvotes
CanadaBoy wrote: What did you end up getting !?
I bought a Kiwi Recliner when it was only 900$ a couple years ago and love it. Probably the most useful piece of baby furniture we purchased, outside of the crib of course.

I can't believe the price more than tripled and its like 3k now?! (West Coast Kids/Crate & Barrel)

We always get gauged in Canada, its still only selling for $999 USD down there.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2005
7439 posts
387 upvotes
Toronto
cleardevil wrote: I bought a Kiwi Recliner when it was only 900$ a couple years ago and love it. Probably the most useful piece of baby furniture we purchased, outside of the crib of course.

I can't believe the price more than tripled and its like 3k now?! (West Coast Kids/Crate & Barrel)

We always get gauged in Canada, its still only selling for $999 USD down there.
Nice nice let me know if you plan on selling it soon :p
_{o,o}...{o.-}--{0,0}
_|)__)_--|)_(|-_-(__(|
--"-"-___-"-"-__--"-"-
Jun 6, 2009
695 posts
241 upvotes
CanadaBoy wrote: Nice nice let me know if you plan on selling it soon :p
haha sorry, don't think i'll be selling it anytime soon XD

good luck with your search tho!
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2020
2625 posts
3145 upvotes
jk9088 wrote: We are looking to buy a good power recliner + glider. A friend recommended the "Babyletto Kiwi" and it seems to hit all the features we're looking for, but at $900 seems a bit steep.

Any recommendations for cheaper options? I see a few on Buy Buy Baby but not sure if they are any good...they are also smaller than the Babyletto so seems like baby might outgrow it sooner? (Don't want his legs to be squished against the sides when feeding.)

Also where do you guys put the glider? I know it typically goes in the nursery but it seems like we would be using it more during the day (baby is almost 5 months now so he only wakes up once at night usually). So I'm thinking of putting it in our downstairs living room for daytime feedings and just feeding baby in bed at night (like we're currently doing).
It'll be more than 900, but one thing we did was buy a glider with the intention of me using it once kid is done. We use it a lot even still at 3, for ex he's got a cold now so it helps to relax him at night for ex. Still in his room.

Once he's done, it looks more than nice enough for me to watch my game in the living room well into my retirement I hope. With that long range use case, we didn't mind spending the $. Just a thought.

https://www.dutailier.com/en_ca/glider- ... -recliners