• Last Updated:
  • Apr 21st, 2019 10:10 pm
[OP]
Apr 20, 2011
163 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto

Recommendations for a good physiotherapist/chiro in mississauga

Not sure if i am looking for a good physio or chiro. I have been having shoulder pain from last couple of days. it feels like the pain is in my shoulder blade muscles since it hurts on certain angles.

I have been to multiple chiros and they force me into their "Subluxation" plan which has never helped me. So could you guys recommend me a good clinic for my shoulder pain? Should i look for a physio or chiro?
4 replies
Aug 17, 2008
940 posts
347 upvotes
It can be confusing what type of therapy to seek. While good chiropractors have helped many people, I would always choose a physio therapist and over a chiropractor.

I posted my thoughts here: neck-pain-physio-chiropractor-2201687/#p29484960
Basically, IMO, while there are many good chiropractors, I fundamentally do not believe in spinal manipulation which a material part of what chiropractors learn. So even if the issue I have does not relate to spinal manipulation, why would I go see a chiropractor instead of a physio therapist.

Once you have resolved your current issue, long-term, regular hanging from a bar is very very good for long-term shoulder health.

Dr. Kirsch is an orthopedic surgeon, has written on shoulder pain management. He believes hanging exercises can resolve the vast majority of shoulder problems without resorting to surgery.
https://www.elitecme.com/resource-cente ... lder-pain/

Ido Portal, a well-known "movement expert". Has posted a lot of material on the benefits of hanging.
http://www.idoportal.com/blog/hanging
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11754 posts
1631 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
hyph3n wrote:
Mar 7th, 2019 9:07 am
Not sure if i am looking for a good physio or chiro. I have been having shoulder pain from last couple of days. it feels like the pain is in my shoulder blade muscles since it hurts on certain angles.
You have bursitis. They call it the old folks condition. Google it. TONS of info on this condition. Really not much you can do except icing and some stretching exercises. If it really hurts, chronic pain, and cant even bear lifting arm up out in front of you from 45 to 135 degrees angle then you may require surgery. An ultrasound is required to check all tendons and bursa sac in shoulder. Bursa sac is fluid filled sac that sits underneath the clavicle bone and on the top of shoulder blade where your humerus bone sits in the socket. If this sac becomes inflamed or liquid decreases over time as you age, you get the pain you describe in the shoulder muscles (deltoid and bicep tendons). Also, calcification of shoulder tendons can also cause similar discomfort. Again, ultrasound is the tool.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
6483 posts
1829 upvotes
Markham
Trying to figure out who to see is the first step and then you need to find a actual good practitioner.

Chiropractors, Registered massage therapists, physiotherapists, Osteotherapath?

Which one does one choose? Added to that some of the "work" for your issue/pain is similar in some cases.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!