[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2011
2044 posts
676 upvotes
Vancouver

Recommendations on home air humidifiers

Hey all,
Looking to get a new air humidifier for my home. It's like a 1 bedroom 700sq ft apartment. Most likely putting it in the living room. Dont wanna spend over 200 if that's ok. Hopefully getting one on sale. Don't got a Costco card either so open to other stores and in Vancouver area. I have used a Honeywell brand before but my ex took it so looking for a new one. Cheers!
4 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
11836 posts
2656 upvotes
Ultrasonic humidifier is very popular but they produce lots of PM particles. My recommendation is get steam humidifier and demineralize the heat element weekly (with citric acid or vinegar, read the manual). If you have water filter like Zerowater, you can use the spent filter with TDS reading 5 to 120 and it helps reduce mineral buildup, you need to buy a spare Zerowater jug though.

You only need humidifier in winter, make sure you use it when your room is really dry.
People around you may have weaken immune system (or live with one). Wear a mask if possible, especially if you have cold symptoms.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2011
2044 posts
676 upvotes
Vancouver
82 wrote: Ultrasonic humidifier is very popular but they produce lots of PM particles. My recommendation is get steam humidifier and demineralize the heat element weekly (with citric acid or vinegar, read the manual). If you have water filter like Zerowater, you can use the spent filter with TDS reading 5 to 120 and it helps reduce mineral buildup, you need to buy a spare Zerowater jug though.

You only need humidifier in winter, make sure you use it when your room is really dry.
Woops I actually wrote the wrong thing late in the night, I am actually looking for air purifier , god damn what a mistake.
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
11836 posts
2656 upvotes
Costco's Winix C535 is a good option.
People around you may have weaken immune system (or live with one). Wear a mask if possible, especially if you have cold symptoms.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)