Real Estate

Recommendations for mortgage broker for no income

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2021 7:47 pm
[OP]
Nov 30, 2018
4 posts

Recommendations for mortgage broker for no income

I'm planning on moving while in grad school and have no income, but can afford to pay about 80% of a house's value. Can anyone recommend a broker that can help with this situation.

I understand banks need that pay stub, but I can't provide at the moment and with 80% down there is very little risk on their side. After I finish grad school I plan to start paying the mortgage and will use savings for payments in the mean time.
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7177 posts
9151 upvotes
The NORTH
Ryan1mk wrote: I'm planning on moving while in grad school and have no income, but can afford to pay about 80% of a house's value. Can anyone recommend a broker that can help with this situation.

I understand banks need that pay stub, but I can't provide at the moment and with 80% down there is very little risk on their side. After I finish grad school I plan to start paying the mortgage and will use savings for payments in the mean time.
Do you have any income? Investments, GIC's, Dividends?
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2005
1849 posts
1434 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
How much of a mortgage are you looking for?
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2008
13006 posts
9961 upvotes
Edmonton
I'd start by posting (or browsing) through the Mortgage Rate thread stickied in here, and find a broker. Give them a call, give them your details.

C
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7177 posts
9151 upvotes
The NORTH
Just a recommendation, maybe only put 60% down and keep 20% to pay the monthly mortgage bill until you get a job?