• Mar 12th, 2021 5:28 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2009
3600 posts
806 upvotes
Toronto

recommendations on power bank

my xiaomi power bank has served me extremely well for the past 5-6 years, but i noticed that it has a mild 1mm bump on both sides.....that means i should replace it due to swollen batteries, correct?

if so, any recommendations? the one i have is this: https://www.amazon.ca/Portable-Xiaomi-1 ... B075Q5G3JN
i could easily buy another one, but i have not been following the power bank market for the past 5-6 years so i have no idea what kinda offerings are out there.

my requirements:

- 5000-10000mah capacity but no more (dont need a 20000mah one)
- support fast charging on cellphones, QC2 or QC3 is enough, no need to charge laptops or bigger devices
- highly prefer a usbC charging port (but not the end of the world if it uses microUSB)

i see this morphie/bestbuy one mentioned at the hot deals section: best-buy-mophie-5200-mah-dual-usb-power ... #p33930527
the capacity is abit on the low side but the price seems good for what it offers (i think i paid $30 for my xiaomi power bank, forgot). does this support fast charging?
Last edited by chroma_cg on Jan 21st, 2021 10:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
9 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2009
3600 posts
806 upvotes
Toronto
kwu0914 wrote: If you can wait, I can give one of mine to you for free. I have few and seldom used them
thanks for your offer, but mississauga might be a bit too far from where i am (markham)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2009
3600 posts
806 upvotes
Toronto
l69norm wrote: for a Anker 10,000mah 18W PD, wait for it to go on sale again for $29
amazon-ca-anker-powercore-slim-10000-pd ... #p33391807
thanks i will keep that in mind though if it's reduced to $29 i think i will need to find a $6 filler to meet free shipping threshold (not a prime user myself) but i will worry about it then

in contrast, i am also eyeing this redmi power bank for $27: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000942784889.html
that being said, will power banks be rejected by the postal service due to having a lithium battery inside?
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
16179 posts
4991 upvotes
London
chroma_cg wrote: thanks i will keep that in mind though if it's reduced to $29 i think i will need to find a $6 filler to meet free shipping threshold (not a prime user myself) but i will worry about it then

in contrast, i am also eyeing this redmi power bank for $27: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000942784889.html
that being said, will power banks be rejected by the postal service due to having a lithium battery inside?
I think you need to find a seller willing to ship to Canada.
I think there are specific packing, labelling and shipping instructions that need to be met for li-ion devices and not every seller is willing to do so
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
10329 posts
2701 upvotes
Winnipeg
chroma_cg wrote: my xiaomi power bank has served me extremely well for the past 5-6 years, but i noticed that it has a mild 1mm bump on both sides.....that means i should replace it due to swollen batteries, correct?

if so, any recommendations? the one i have is this: https://www.amazon.ca/Portable-Xiaomi-1 ... B075Q5G3JN
i could easily buy another one, but i have not been following the power bank market for the past 5-6 years so i have no idea what kinda offerings are out there.

my requirements:

- 5000-10000mah capacity but no more (dont need a 20000mah one)
- support fast charging on cellphones, QC2 or QC3 is enough, no need to charge laptops or bigger devices
- highly prefer a usbC charging port (but not the end of the world if it uses microUSB)

i see this morphie/bestbuy one mentioned at the hot deals section: best-buy-mophie-5200-mah-dual-usb-power ... #p33930527
the capacity is abit on the low side but the price seems good for what it offers (i think i paid $30 for my xiaomi power bank, forgot). does this support fast charging?
mine xiaomi original 10,000 has no led in the middle row what does that mean?

does that mean dead bat in middle row of the 3?

grabbed 3 of the above for 3 bucks apiece at rcss on a clearance rack so thats a huge ymmv plus that was back in feb. Regular I think 10 or 15 bucks for the 10,000.