• Last Updated:
  • May 12th, 2021 10:18 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
5100 posts
4046 upvotes

Recommendations and resources for resume writing

Anyone have recommendations for professional resume writers or some really good resources/templates? I'm assuming everything can be done online so location doesn't matter.
9 replies
Oct 16, 2013
236 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Nope, location does not matter at all. If you want to PM me, I can give you a few recommendations.
May 29, 2017
267 posts
197 upvotes
I don't have any template, but ill be happy to give you a copy of mine mine (tech background) Ill just edit out names/addresses

Edit: also the friends of reddit can help as well
https://www.reddit.com/r/Resume/
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
5100 posts
4046 upvotes
raywired wrote: Nope, location does not matter at all. If you want to PM me, I can give you a few recommendations.
Cnsr0033 wrote: I don't have any template, but ill be happy to give you a copy of mine mine (tech background) Ill just edit out names/addresses

Edit: also the friends of reddit can help as well
https://www.reddit.com/r/Resume/
Thanks to you both and yes please - that would be appreciated.

I just finished watching this excellent LinkedIn course on resumes, learned so many good tips like using a functional resume instead of chronological in my case- https://www.linkedin.com/learning/writi ... ls-section
Last edited by hierophant on May 11th, 2021 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
9923 posts
3435 upvotes
You might want to ask for samples from people in your field. At the same time ask these same people for job search tips or how they got their current job
“...because most of what we say and do is not essential. If you can eliminate it, you'll have more time and more tranquility. Ask yourself at every moment, is this necessary…” -Marcus Aurelius
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2013
2366 posts
722 upvotes
New Brunswick
What is OP field? That will dictate how the resume will be. I find that Government services do not work unless you are going into a low skill field.
Mar 2, 2020
35 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
I would strongly suggest to reach out to @raywired if you are looking for any valuable feedback for your resume. He was very kind to offer his help for no charge. His feedback helped me to reshape my resume and I am ascertain to get more attention in future.
Can't thank him enough. RFD is much more valuable due to members like him.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
5100 posts
4046 upvotes
ITAspirant wrote: I would strongly suggest to reach out to @raywired if you are looking for any valuable feedback for your resume. He was very kind to offer his help for no charge. His feedback helped me to reshape my resume and I am ascertain to get more attention in future.
Can't thank him enough. RFD is much more valuable due to members like him.
That's wonderful, glad to hear! Good luck with your job search!
Oct 16, 2013
236 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks for the kind words, @ITAspirant. Glad I was able to help and best of luck!
---
"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into committees. That'll do them in."